• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAP and Supplier Evaluation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAP and Supplier Evaluation

From SAP R/3 (ECC) and other sources, it's easy to evaluate suppliers with "hard facts" from transactional data. However, my client has a need to also capture the soft facts. They're looking not to build an application, but whether these is something already out there that's integrated into BI. ( Or other SAP products ).

If you've any experience, knowledge let me know either here or via pm; it could lead to substantial work, and even a "plan B".
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Supplier Evaluation tools

Hi

Not sure what you mean by the 'softer' side.

Perhaps how many days at Old Trafford the supplier will give to the head of procurement?

If your client has SRM installed there is a Supplier Questionnaire tool in Supplier Self Service that could be used for this. You set the questions and rate the responses. Obviously more suitable for rating potential suppliers than perhaps current ones, but it is fairly flexible. Have seen it proposed for 'green' credentials as a selector for public sector clients - tho' not yet used in anger.

You would need the right licences to use as well (which you may have already) but even without it could give you something to testbed with.

Although if by softer-side youre looking at credit-worthiness may be better to link into Dun & Bradstreet.

S

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      From SAP R/3 (ECC) and other sources, it's easy to evaluate suppliers with "hard facts" from transactional data. However, my client has a need to also capture the soft facts. They're looking not to build an application, but whether these is something already out there that's integrated into BI. ( Or other SAP products ).

If you've any experience, knowledge let me know either here or via pm; it could lead to substantial work, and even a "plan B".
      I know of something that is rapidly becoming a leading light in the BI arena
      Signatures.....what's the point?

Comment

Working...
      X