• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do...

been at client 15mths with 8mth remaining. currently running a tender for client, nearing end of process with decision in a fortnight.

I spent first 6mths of this contract working my right testical off helping the programme manager set up the first proper programme within the organisation. spent the next 3mths proving they needed new supplier, and spent the last 4mths setting the tender and running it.

current programme manager been promoted (deservedly) leaving her old role empty. only numpties that are clueless, not suitable or capable. internally. I've been told to apply but dont want perm with them, i personally dont like the organisation or the role or rate, and only stayed on for long contract and enjoyed working under the programme manager.

I changed my linkedin status last night to "looking for a new role (possibly) perm or contract, not fussed any more". early this morn i get an email from a linkedin contact, they're looking, like me and want me as a perm, and to give him a call. so i did, and yes they want me, v keen as well. they are a company of 60ish which is exactly what i want after years of working for large consultancies, and i have the skills and experience they want. followed it up tonight with a mail confirm we do need to discuss in more as i'm interested. MD to get involved tomorrow and discussions to follow.

if the package is right, i'm off and will cut short this contract as i've taken my load...

heres the issue. the co that want me are bidding for the tender, and are quite a way in front and v likely to win it. this is why they want me from the experiences we've had, we've how each other work, plus i would become the lead form the supplier as i know the client, in detail.

Obviously if the package is right and move on, i feel this could cause issues. being the lead PM at present, some people may gossip. the fact is i'm being offered regardless of the outcome of the tender as they other work...

any advice? how would you take this forward? i half feel that i shouldnt care, there is no exclusivity in current contract and i'm doing the best for me and my career... but am worried i may damaged the rep of new co through the possibility of idol gossip...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

don't listen to idle gossip, if you are a lead PM you should be above this anyway.

As long as there is nothing in your contract to stop you doing this then go ahead.

Good Luck!

When you are done then please PM me so I can apply to replace you!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      don't listen to idle gossip, if you are a lead PM you should be above this anyway.

As long as there is nothing in your contract to stop you doing this then go ahead.

Good Luck!

When you are done then please PM me so I can apply to replace you!
      Current client in manchester, i'd happily use my substitution clause if it helps someone... rate is fairly crappy though...
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

So the NEW company who want you are bidding on the SAME tender as you are currently running for your CURRENT client, is that the summary or did I misunderstand?

It sounds a bit murky but of course you'll have to go through your contract with a fine-tooth comb, since I can't conceive of any way to me MORE in breach of a non-compete clause if one exists. Even if there is no clause, couldn't you be sued since it can be claimed you used private information about your current client's bid to improve the new company's bid?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X