• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 Prince or not 2 Prince?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=kanulondon;786723]Got both ITIL(Red Badge) and Prince2(Prac)/QUOTE]

I did my ITIL SM (I wish it had been S&M) foundation certificate online through Pink Roccade. This has been of no real benefit though as once again it's just a spruced up rehash of processes that have been around for years - for people that haven't. It's one of those non-certificates that permies get offered as "career development" during 360 reviews.

I have both an Orienteering badge, and a jumper though - these are both red.
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

[QUOTE=Svalbaard;787731]
      Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
      Got both ITIL(Red Badge) and Prince2(Prac)/QUOTE]

I did my ITIL SM (I wish it had been S&M) foundation certificate online through Pink Roccade. This has been of no real benefit though as once again it's just a spruced up rehash of processes that have been around for years - for people that haven't. It's one of those non-certificates that permies get offered as "career development" during 360 reviews.

I have both an Orienteering badge, and a jumper though - these are both red.

Green Badge (Foundation) is another tick in the box. And is necessary for many roles these days.

You have a fair point in terms of Red Badge, but again I have seen a number of roles specifically request this level of 'rehashness'

KL
      "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

In the current climate it is possible to get a PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course with exams in a 5-day course for under £900 - the training companies are just keen to keep people coming through the door.

Call and negotiate with Parity, Global Knowledge, QAIQ and the rest, it is very competitive in the training market at the moment as a lot of companies have cut back on training costs and this is having an impact. Have a look at their late availability pages, some courses are a third of the price. I've been on 5 tutor-led courses inc PRINCE2 and MS2008 since the downturn started, just play them off against each other, it is a buyer's market.

Comment

Working...
        X