• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applicant count for a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    On another note I've noticed the past 2 weeks have been tumbleweed on jobserve.. it seemed to pick up beginning of Feb but has died again, anyone else noticed this?
    That'll be the half term and skiing season then.

Comment

Wow this thread just reminded me of a contract I went for about 15 years back. Same sort of thing was told that they had like 40+ applicants for the role. Any way cut a long story short I was selected for interview turned up @ clientCo @ time specified to see waiting in the lobby 40+ other candidates for the role. Did I stay around? - Nah and phoned up the pimp said I had the job and that they would be in touch shortly. Got home and had the contract waiting in my inbox Go figure that one...

Comment

Oh dear its looking grim for me as a pm... still benched after 6 weeks.

Initially the majority were telling me 400 applicants, it dropped to 200 but today I was told 1200!
        "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
          Oh dear its looking grim for me as a pm... still benched after 6 weeks.

Initially the majority were telling me 400 applicants, it dropped to 200 but today I was told 1200!

I have been quoted numbers like 175, 190 !

Comment

Try this answer;

'interesting to hear that there are so many applicants. I've seen this vacancy advertised by 7 different agencies; can you tell me why I should use your agency to apply?'
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Try this answer;

'interesting to hear that there are so many applicants. I've seen this vacancy advertised by 7 different agencies; can you tell me why I should use your agency to apply?'
              Genius! I like it. For the next far-fetched role I apply for with no remote chance of securing I'm going to actually use that one.
              The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Try this answer;

"take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                X