• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear!

It looks like I will have to walk away from the Fujitsu role. Just received a response from Abbey Tax regarding the contract for the role, and they tell me that it won't pass the IR35 compliance test. Sent the agency the feedback and have asked them to call me back. Judging by some of the threads on this forum regarding the agency, it looks like they might not budge. So it looks like good bye to the contract and time to get my ar*e firmly back on the bench. I really don't need to be out of work right now.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    It looks like I will have to walk away from the Fujitsu role. Just received a response from Abbey Tax regarding the contract for the role, and they tell me that it won't pass the IR35 compliance test. Sent the agency the feedback and have asked them to call me back. Judging by some of the threads on this forum regarding the agency, it looks like they might not budge. So it looks like good bye to the contract and time to get my ar*e firmly back on the bench. I really don't need to be out of work right now.
    So just take it under IR35. Fine, so you have declare 95% as income but it's way better then 95% of sweet FA!

Comment

WHS (with Bells, Knobs and Whistles on)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        So just take it under IR35. Fine, so you have declare 95% as income but it's way better then 95% of sweet FA!
        Personally, I can't afford it on the rate they are offering. I would have considered it if the rate was about £100 more a day than what it is... but as it is, I wouldn't be able to afford to take it on. I would effectively be working at a loss if I were to take the role on.
        Last edited by pmeswani; 11 February 2009, 15:01. Reason: a couple of corrections
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Not sure I understand. By my reckoning IR35 costs you an additional 15%.

Are you saying that you require an additional £100 per day to cover this 15%?This would mean that you need a minimum rate of over £500 per day in order not to make a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Not sure I understand. By my reckoning IR35 costs you an additional 15%.

Are you saying that you require an additional £100 per day to cover this 15%?This would mean that you need a minimum rate of over £500 per day in order not to make a loss.
            Not sure where you got £500 from. The role I have is with Fujitsu, and is only paying £220 a day. I would need to stay in a hotel local in order to work for them as I will be required to start at 8am on a number of weeks. Travelling to the client site from where I live would take about 2 hours each way, and is an absolute no go. The hotel / B&B costs are about £40 (if I am lucky) to £100 per day.

My monthly income would be £2,430 a month, of which most of it would be gone on travel, accomodation and other outgoings I have. It would be impossible to take the role on the rate being offered.

Comment

Thought you were getting that desperate, you were looking at permie roles? What's the difference?
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                Not sure where you got £500 from. The role I have is with Fujitsu, and is only paying £220 a day. I would need to stay in a hotel local in order to work for them as I will be required to start at 8am on a number of weeks. Travelling to the client site from where I live would take about 2 hours each way, and is an absolute no go. The hotel / B&B costs are about £40 (if I am lucky) to £100 per day.

My monthly income would be £2,430 a month, of which most of it would be gone on travel, accomodation and other outgoings I have. It would be impossible to take the role on the rate being offered.
                Ho long is the role for? You could look at lodging in a shared house to reduce you're accommodation costs?
                If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Sorry, from your OP I thought you were rejecting it because it put you inside IR35 not because the rate was insufficient due to travel costs.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                    Thought you were getting that desperate, you were looking at permie roles? What's the difference?
                    With permie roles, I would restrict myself to where I will work (location wise). Also, I would set my salary expectations according to where the role is, and how much my outgoings will be.
                    Last edited by pmeswani; 11 February 2009, 15:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X