• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running a sideline to your main job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running a sideline to your main job

Does anyone on here have a sideline to their main contracting job? For example I've been asked to write some example test specs and a testing strategy for a client who I used to work for. Would you just invoice as normal and put this additional stuff through your Ltd Co? If this became a lucrative sideline with increased volumes does your accountant start charging more for the increased paperwork? Wondering if the likes of NW would?

Any advice appreciated.
    Blood in your poo

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Does anyone on here have a sideline to their main contracting job? For example I've been asked to write some example test specs and a testing strategy for a client who I used to work for. Would you just invoice as normal and put this additional stuff through your Ltd Co? If this became a lucrative sideline with increased volumes does your accountant start charging more for the increased paperwork? Wondering if the likes of NW would?

Any advice appreciated.
    I just put it thru my ltd. Additional paperwork was very minor, just a few invoices a year.

Comment

Yup, I have 3 or 4 Clients on the side.

Just invoice them through my Ltd Co.

No extra cost and it should help the IR53 argument!
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
        No extra cost and it should help the IR53 argument!
        Those feckers. What is it now!?
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          Those flipers. What is it now!?
          He means IR35
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

Yup, I have 3 or 4 Clients on the side.

Just invoice them through my Ltd Co.

No extra cost and it should help the IR35 argument!
            That's what I was thinking also.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Yup, sorry, I was stuffing my face with a sausage sarnie at the time and typing left handed
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Yup, sorry, I was stuffing my face with a sausage sarnie at the time and typing left handed
                Hope that skill is noted on your cv
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                  Hope that skill is noted on your cv
                  Which bit, the sausage sarnie or typing with his left hand?
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

That doesn't sound like a "sideline", it sounds like basically doing your main job for an additional customer. Of course it's OK to use the limited company. It's not as if every company has to register its "primary customer" with Companies House or anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X