• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Running a sideline to your main job"

Collapse

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    That doesn't sound like a "sideline", it sounds like basically doing your main job for an additional customer. Of course it's OK to use the limited company. It's not as if every company has to register its "primary customer" with Companies House or anything.
    OK, sideline probably wasn't the right term. Like you say it's an additional client - just needed some confirmation from the "long in the tooth" guys on here

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Ltd Co = Business!

Yes treat the sideline work as another client, invoice them and grow your business!

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    That doesn't sound like a "sideline", it sounds like basically doing your main job for an additional customer. Of course it's OK to use the limited company. It's not as if every company has to register its "primary customer" with Companies House or anything.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Hope that skill is noted on your cv
    Which bit, the sausage sarnie or typing with his left hand?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Yup, sorry, I was stuffing my face with a sausage sarnie at the time and typing left handed
    Hope that skill is noted on your cv

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Yup, sorry, I was stuffing my face with a sausage sarnie at the time and typing left handed

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Yup, I have 3 or 4 Clients on the side.

Just invoice them through my Ltd Co.

No extra cost and it should help the IR35 argument!
    That's what I was thinking also.

Leave a comment:

• Grinder
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Those flipers. What is it now!?
    He means IR35

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    No extra cost and it should help the IR53 argument!
    Those feckers. What is it now!?

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    Yup, I have 3 or 4 Clients on the side.

Just invoice them through my Ltd Co.

No extra cost and it should help the IR53 argument!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Does anyone on here have a sideline to their main contracting job? For example I've been asked to write some example test specs and a testing strategy for a client who I used to work for. Would you just invoice as normal and put this additional stuff through your Ltd Co? If this became a lucrative sideline with increased volumes does your accountant start charging more for the increased paperwork? Wondering if the likes of NW would?

Any advice appreciated.
    I just put it thru my ltd. Additional paperwork was very minor, just a few invoices a year.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    started a topic Running a sideline to your main job

Running a sideline to your main job

Does anyone on here have a sideline to their main contracting job? For example I've been asked to write some example test specs and a testing strategy for a client who I used to work for. Would you just invoice as normal and put this additional stuff through your Ltd Co? If this became a lucrative sideline with increased volumes does your accountant start charging more for the increased paperwork? Wondering if the likes of NW would?

Any advice appreciated.

Working...
X