• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there any market for Mac Developers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any market for Mac Developers?

Now I actually have a Mac (for a cross-platform C++ app), I wondered about learning a little more than how to stumble through xcode and build a C++ project.

It seems you have a choice between C++ & Objective-C for native Mac development (as opposed to Java); are either of these useful skills? I'd imagine Mac development in general is a bit niche so some skills there would be cool.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Buckets of cash for iPhone game devs right now. Sorry to let the secret out.
    "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
      Buckets of cash for iPhone game devs right now. Sorry to let the secret out.
      Yup, i'd heard similar. Demand far outstrips supply apparently. Everyones got an idea for an iPhone app, but no-one to build it.

Comment

Sure looks like you can earn mega bucks
        http://www.jobserve.com/WD249BDA9F606C338.jsjob

Do you think the agent is having a larf?

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
          Yup, i'd heard similar. Demand far outstrips supply apparently. Everyones got an idea for an iPhone app, but no-one to build it.
          Just get on the approved developer list, download the devkit and put something simple out there for free - see if it sells. If you have an iphone you know the sort of thing that is selling.
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

I'll tell you what will sell; a good Project Management App that CAN do split tasks (whether it's proper practice or not) and has an accompanying iPhone App to sync to.

Currently the major player is Merlin, OmniPlan etc. are a bit slow to come up to speed but OP has the best UI.

Do this... and ye shall be rich.

Comment

A PM tool on IPhone is maybe a bit niche of a niche market. How many would sell and what would you sell it for?

What you want is something wierd with mass appeal that you can sell for 59p.

Comment

I'm sure I read on the BBC Tech news page last week of a nine year old indian kid writing a simple iPhone screen painting app for his younger sister.

He's raking it in now apparently.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                X