• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Baslers agree. The Swiss are a miserable lot.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      You'll pay Swiss tax on all Swiss earnings. Under the double tax treaty, even if you are still UK tax resident, those wages will not be taxed again in the UK.
      If one pays 20% tax in switz. then wouldn't hmrc ask for another 20%
      since UK tax is 40% ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        since UK tax is 40% ?
        AIUI that is the default arithmetic of the Tax Treaties. However HMRC may decide that the other country has taxing right and just leave it at that. (I don't know because when I was in Switzerland I wasn't resident in the UK).

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          since UK tax is 40% ?
          They would do this on dividends, interest on bank deposits, but not income from employment.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            They would do this on dividends, interest on bank deposits, but not income from employment.
            WHS

Comment

Working...
            X