• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone contracted in Milton Keynes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone contracted in Milton Keynes?

As the title suggests really...

Anyone had to stay away in MK during the working week? Any advice or suggestions on hotels, b&b's etc?

Ive stayed at the Jury's Inn in the centre of the city once which was ok, but dont want to be paying circa £70 a night longer term...

Cheers all.

There are quite a few hotels and B&Bs dotted throughout MK; where abouts is ClientCo and do you want to be near anything in particular?

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/accommodation/home.asp

Comment

Plenty of cheap well run private B&B's costing £25 a night.

Just hunt around on the internet.

Some extremely nice quaint villages around Milton Keynes, and plenty of good pubs and restaurants. Not actually a bad place to work in. In contrast to other places you don't want to be in the centre, you want to be in the outlying villages.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
        As the title suggests really...

Anyone had to stay away in MK during the working week? Any advice or suggestions on hotels, b&b's etc?

Ive stayed at the Jury's Inn in the centre of the city once which was ok, but dont want to be paying circa £70 a night longer term...

Cheers all.
        Travelodge is somewhat cheaper. Can't remember (without looking at their site) if they have one in MK.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Cheers fellas - i will have a look at these links.

ClientCo lives in Hanslope Park - which judging by Google Maps is a fair jaunt North of MK...

Any local knowledge appreciated whilst I get on TripAdvisor and the like...

Thanks again.

Comment

ClientCo lives in Hanslope Park - which judging by Google Maps is a fair jaunt North of MK...

Thanks again.
            If it's a fair bit North of MK, then you could try looking at Northampton (about 12 miles away, just 1 junction up on the M1). There's quite a few hotels/B&B's there, that are pretty reasonable.
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Cheers all.
              Call them up and negotiate - if you are going to stay with them for two or three months I'm sure you could get the nightly rate down. A couple of years ago I got a room rate down from 115 to 70 (long term). Call them up with a price.

Comment

Thanks again.
                The old trusted FCO / HP site. Almost took a job there. Good luck with the role.

Have a look at

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...hanslope&meta=

Returned a few results for B&B's.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks again.
                  I'm a local in the area, Hanslope Park is North of Milton keynes, your better off finding b&b in Castlethorpe or Hanslope if you want some where close.

Castlethorpe is a very quite village with one pub and a post office, while Hanslope has a few pubs and very nice chinese etc, both are the same distance to Hanslope park.

If you want further info on the area let me know.

Comment

I rent a room in castlethrpe and have previously rented a room in Hanslope itself - both cheaper and more convenient than Hotel and B+Bs.

At one time I rented a house in Milton Keynes (not the centre) for nearly two years but recently moved to castlethorpe as its closer & cheaper - I didn't need a whole house to myself.

look at flatmateworld as I know some of the people who let rooms out advertise on there, or when you start at the park just ask one of the many contractors where they stay.

There are B+Bs dotted in the villages around hanslope some farms that let rooms out etc.

You'd be looking at around 20-25 per night.

Comment

Working...
                    X