• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Without Contract Extension Signed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    What is the standpoint if a contract end date passes and promised re-newal contract is not signed off on time for continuation?

Is contractor able to continue working in good faith that contract will be signed, or is it a total no no until it is signed.

The usual sound CUK advice is appreciated.
    How long does it take for the agency to get a new contract to you? A few days should be enough.

Of course the client may be slower about this. Then the question arises, do you take the risk that it will never come through by continuing to work, or does the agent take the risk by giving you a contract anyway? Well, which is it to be? If the agent won't take the risk, why should you?

Give them a chance but make sure they know it's a chance for them to shift their arse, not a chance to sit back and let you take the risk.

Comment

And tell the agency your going to change your payment terms to weekly if you don't receive a new contract in time(if your not already being paid weekly), this reduces the risk to you financially.

And, as the others have said - make sure you speak to both agency and Hiring manager daily (not email) and emphasis your concerns....

Comment

I have worked the last 6 months without a contract, I tend not to get too stressed about these things.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I have worked the last 6 months without a contract, I tend not to get too stressed about these things.
          I bet you wouldnt be so laid back if the agent or your client missed paying you though!

Contracts are in place for a reason. Some people are happy to take the risk. Personally, I wouldnt and I think its wrong for some to give the impression there's no problem working without one.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I am working by mutual agreement without a contract with a client in Hong Kong. Realistically, a contract would be pretty worthless in practice... neither of us would be keen to try and drag the other through the courts in totally different continents. Regardless of contract, we have to work on mutual trust and a good relationship, and accept and try to minimise the inherent risk.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

make sure your timesheets are signed and you will have no problems

Comment

Working...
              X