• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding a web designer on rentacoder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a web designer on rentacoder

I know that people on this site use rentacoder and it may be a long shot but does anyone know a decent Web Designer/Developer on rent a coder they might be able to recommend?

Had someone fitted up for about a weeks worth of re design/branding work and he pulled out at the last minute after I refused to give him a 30% cut.

I have decided to take the plunge on rentacoder but there are thousands and thousands of designers, most without a portfolio which would be a prerequisite to getting considered. Technical skills are pretty top end, JSPs, Struts, tomcat and I have no discernable way of separating out Romanian script kiddes from someone who has a proven tertiary education and career in design.

It's the top end, JSPs, Struts, tomcat stuff.

If it was PHP or even ASP.NET you'd have a lot more choice.

Apart from silly banks with free public money to burn, who's going to be going the hardway of writing websites with that old baloney?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's the top end, JSPs, Struts, tomcat stuff.

If it was PHP or even ASP.NET you'd have a lot more choice.

Apart from silly banks with free public money to burn, who's going to be going the hardway of writing websites with that old baloney?

Despite not knowing anything about the application you are quite happy to tell us all how it should be written. I think that probably says something.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Despite not knowing anything about the application you are quite happy to tell us all how it should be written. I think that probably says something.
        No I'm telling you why your choice of technology is not finding many takers. That tells me a lot about you.

Comment

Have you tried going through freelancers.net/noagenciesplease.com ?

From the freelancers site...

Freelancers.net has been helping freelancers find work and clients find freelancers since 1999. Freelancers.net is UK focused and lists many jobs and projects open to UK freelancers, however clients from across the globe use Freelancers.net regularly to source freelancers outside of the UK.

Comment

Anyway the code is actually written and all the JSPs created, it's just sitting in a very bland design. Really it's more a design job for someone who could install tomcat, deploy/start the application, and change the JSPs and CSSs which contain tag libraries that output dynamic content. Subversion the results back in. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              No I'm telling you why your choice of technology is not finding many takers. That tells me a lot about you.
              This is not a comment on my choice of technology "who's going to be going the hardway of writing websites with that old baloney" it's a comment on the technology.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSickboy View Post
                Have you tried going through freelancers.net/noagenciesplease.com ?

From the freelancers site...
                I will try them as well, cheers.

Actually found some decent ones so far but I will probably spend the rest of the day hunting.

Comment

assuming that you do not need 'graphic design' skills I think I can recommend someone - please PM me if you are interested.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

oDesk could be worth a look as well.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X