• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you up to (no work related thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually benched by choice at the moment (last client was driving me crazy). Its always a little concerning wondering how long I'll be benched for but I think the signs for a pick up in the PM market are encouraging.. Anyway my bench time is spent thus..

1) Every second day is spent out on a new Mountain Bike I've just bought. There are some great tracks round my area and its peaceful and lets me think and clear the head.

2) Obviously look daily for new contracts.

3) Spending time just reading or playing PSP.

4) Getting up late.

5) Will look at some training, maybe MSP, MOR.

Comment

1) Getting up early

2) Not going outside much, too cold but the phone might ring as it did a little while ago for an interview in Frankfurt

3) Setting up the new PC which I bought to teach myself some new skills. Got Eclipse this and that, Visual this and that, RAD this and that installed but can't be bothered too much. Do have all my 'z' OS'es up and running so concentrating on that as the last contract was not my key areas so they need brushing up

4) Actually I do pop into town each day to sit around drinking coffee for a while and buy ingredients for the evening meal

5) Seem to eat more

6) Get funny looks from the neighbours for walking around in the wife's underwear while she's at work. It seems more comfortable while sitting down at the PC for hours on end
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

1) prince2 and uml course, P2 was brilliant and the people great fun, uml was pointless and a waste of money

2)revisiting all my chef skills and having the time to cook

3) chilling and enjoying having the time to do things when i want and not having to pack it all into a two day weekend

4) volunteering with cats protection, when not benched i do it part time and am almost full time, very rewarding

5) travel went to china
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
        X