• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No work....No pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehehehe - "anal is ok"

Could turn out to be the quote of the year
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Regardless of IR35, them not paying you hardly maximizing your earnings is it?

In the current market, telling them "if they can't offer continuous work you will walk", isn't likely to either

tim

Comment

The recent contracts I've had that I bothered reading were written in a way that if there is no work to do then the agent/client don't have to pay you. Sounds fair enough to me and if you are on no notice, or 1 week in my case then it is irrelevant anyway. I guess the problem is if you want to go elsewhere and your notice period for you to walk is a lot longer. I always state to the client I'm OK with no work no pay anyway as it has helped in the past with getting renewals. If the work dries up you start looking around and go elsewhere when something turns up.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Anal is ok - better to be safe than sorry
          Give that woman a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Lisa - you should know better than to admit that on CUK!!
            Oh dear - didn't think that one through really did I
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
              Give that woman a medal.
              Or a new ring.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                OP = Opening Post. Anal is ok - better to be safe than sorry

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  you have concurrent contracts, which immediately put you outside IR35.
                  I question that. One of the early IR35 cases was around someone with lots of concurrent clients. Anybody else remember the details?
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    I question that. One of the early IR35 cases was around someone with lots of concurrent clients. Anybody else remember the details?
                    why did it take you 8 years to question it?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      why did it take you 8 years to question it?
                      Join Date Oct 2015

Maybe when Cirrus joined (s)he neglected to read every thread that had ever been posted on CUK prior to joining?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X