• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another fishing attempt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another fishing attempt?

Can anyone spot what might be wrong in this job spec:

Oracle consultant required to join my client in Palma this role is going to kick off on Monday so the details are minimum at the moment, sorry.

As a Oracle consultant you will have to have an in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy.

Duration 3 months +
    Rate £100-£1k/Day + Accommodation + Flights
    I think this might just be a CV gathering exercise.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

It's paying in pounds instead of Euros?
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

When was it advertised ? does't see much time to prepare anyone to jet of to Palma and is extreamly vague
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

A rate of anything between £100 to £1000 a day!?

Deffo phish!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          When was it advertised ? does't see much time to prepare anyone to jet of to Palma and is extreamly vague
          Friday @ 18:42.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

http://www.jobserve.com/W7C580CB574AA2FFA.jsjob

Oracle consultant required to join my client in Palma this role is going to kick off on Monday so the details are minimum at the moment, sorry.

As a Oracle consultant you will have to have an in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy.

Accommodation and flights are paid for.

If you are interested in this position please contact me.

Oracle
            Location Palma de Mallorca, Spain
            Country Spain
            Start Date ASAP
            Duration 3 months +
            Rate £100-£1k/Day + Accommodation + Flights
            Employment Business Sentinel IT
            Contact Tom Sheppard
            Telephone 01892 550000
            Fax 01892 618558
            Email [email protected]
            Reference JSTS/1ORACLE
            Posted Date 16/01/2009 18:42:58
            Sentinel are normally OK and I spoke to Tom a few times a couple of years ago and he seems straight enough.

I assume they are desperate to fill and have left the rate wide open on purpose.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

also...

http://www.jobserve.com/W0A9DA3733ED1CC74.jsjob

Java Developer required to work for my client in palma , flights and accommodation paid for. Details on this Java position are still being confirmed so I am sorry for the small amount of details, but please apply if your interested this will be a fantastic role for a Java developer in Spain or happy to relocate for this contract.

Java, J2EE, EJB
              Location Palma De Mallorca
              Country Spain
              Start Date ASAP
              Duration 3 Months+
              Employment Business Sentinel IT
              Contact Tom Sheppard
              Telephone 01892 550000
              Fax 01892 618558
              Email [email protected]
              Reference JSTS/1J23
              Posted Date 16/01/2009 18:42:57
              My gut reaction says these two roles are kosher, related and with the same client.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I like the "in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy" - legacy what??

Might chase it tomorrow and see whether he knows what the role actually is.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I like the "in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy" - legacy what??

Might chase it tomorrow and see whether he knows what the role actually is.
                  Listening to the Linux admins and the open source-compliant programmers these days, I think Oracle is legacy now.

You heard it here first. Possibly.

Comment

Working...
                  X