• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another fishing attempt?"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I like the "in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy" - legacy what??

Might chase it tomorrow and see whether he knows what the role actually is.
    Listening to the Linux admins and the open source-compliant programmers these days, I think Oracle is legacy now.

You heard it here first. Possibly.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I like the "in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy" - legacy what??

Might chase it tomorrow and see whether he knows what the role actually is.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    also...

http://www.jobserve.com/W0A9DA3733ED1CC74.jsjob

Java Developer required to work for my client in palma , flights and accommodation paid for. Details on this Java position are still being confirmed so I am sorry for the small amount of details, but please apply if your interested this will be a fantastic role for a Java developer in Spain or happy to relocate for this contract.

Java, J2EE, EJB
    Location Palma De Mallorca
    Country Spain
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 3 Months+
    Employment Business Sentinel IT
    Contact Tom Sheppard
    Telephone 01892 550000
    Fax 01892 618558
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JSTS/1J23
    Posted Date 16/01/2009 18:42:57
    My gut reaction says these two roles are kosher, related and with the same client.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    http://www.jobserve.com/W7C580CB574AA2FFA.jsjob

Oracle consultant required to join my client in Palma this role is going to kick off on Monday so the details are minimum at the moment, sorry.

As a Oracle consultant you will have to have an in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy.

Accommodation and flights are paid for.

If you are interested in this position please contact me.

Oracle
    Location Palma de Mallorca, Spain
    Country Spain
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 3 months +
    Rate £100-£1k/Day + Accommodation + Flights
    Employment Business Sentinel IT
    Contact Tom Sheppard
    Telephone 01892 550000
    Fax 01892 618558
    Email [email protected]
    Reference JSTS/1ORACLE
    Posted Date 16/01/2009 18:42:58
    Sentinel are normally OK and I spoke to Tom a few times a couple of years ago and he seems straight enough.

I assume they are desperate to fill and have left the rate wide open on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    When was it advertised ? does't see much time to prepare anyone to jet of to Palma and is extreamly vague
    Friday @ 18:42.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    A rate of anything between £100 to £1000 a day!?

Deffo phish!

Leave a comment:

• zara_backdog
    replied
    When was it advertised ? does't see much time to prepare anyone to jet of to Palma and is extreamly vague

Leave a comment:

• chris79
    replied
    It's paying in pounds instead of Euros?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    started a topic Another fishing attempt?

Another fishing attempt?

Can anyone spot what might be wrong in this job spec:

Oracle consultant required to join my client in Palma this role is going to kick off on Monday so the details are minimum at the moment, sorry.

As a Oracle consultant you will have to have an in depth knowledge of Oracle and Legacy.

Duration 3 months +
    Rate £100-£1k/Day + Accommodation + Flights
    I think this might just be a CV gathering exercise.

Working...
X