• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contracts terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contracts terms

Does anyone know what might happen in this situation? A sub contractor is sent a contract and starts work. He later asks for some changes to the contract to protect him from IR35. The request is refused and the reason given that the contract was already setup for to protect for this anyway. However the subcontractor did not sign his contract but continused to work for 3 years. Is it implied that the original contract still stands or can the subcontractor claim he is not bound by any contract as he did not sign it?

If the subbie started working in accordance with the contract, then the subbie is deemed to have accepted the contract.

That is the received wisdom, unfortunately I cannot quote you any case law on the topic.

Comment

What Gonzo said. If it was a week or two between deemed contract and issues raised, thats valid, but 3 YEARS? What was the subbie thinking?

Comment

My advice is to stock up on vaseline.....
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Contract law has a basic principle of 3 terms.

Offer - Obvious meaning, T's & C's etc
          Acceptance - Obvious meaning
          Consideration - Payment

Signing an actual piece of paper isn't necessary and since you mentioned having been there 3 years I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the criteria have been met in all three cases.

Comment

Working...
          X