• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming Benefits and Umbrella Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming Benefits and Umbrella Companies

Lets assume worst case scenario here.

My contract looks like getting terminated in March as new financial year beckons and indication is budgets are being slashed by AT LEAST 50%.

If I'm on the bench for the rest of 2009 can I claim any benefits? Would I need my umbrella company to "make me redundant"?

Luckily I have some savings (so does the wife but she ain't going to be happy when we start dipping into her's) to last a good while. I did remind her of the wedding vows of course :-)

Thanks.

Your brolly can issue you with your P45. As there is no work for you to do, you will technically count as redundant, so will be entitled to claim. As you're married, joint household income and savings will have to be declared, so if your wife is earning and/or has savings, they will affect your benefits.

Comment

Working...
    X