• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income shifting legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income shifting legislation

Does anybody know where we are upto with this ? If I remember correctly it was just suspended for a year so does it come into play this time and do we thus need to empty the Co. coffers at the end of the tax year.

It would be nice if they'd hold off one more year as it is looking like 2009/2010 might not be a good earning year judging by my efforts to avoid the bench at the end of the week. Deader than dead !

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Does anybody know where we are upto with this ? If I remember correctly it was just suspended for a year so does it come into play this time and do we thus need to empty the Co. coffers at the end of the tax year.

It would be nice if they'd hold off one more year as it is looking like 2009/2010 might not be a good earning year judging by my efforts to avoid the bench at the end of the week. Deader than dead !
    Last year it was postponed to April 2009 budget.

IMO HMRC will be chasing diminishing returns if they continue pursue this next year. I'm hoping it will quietly go away. What's left of their reduced workforce have bigger fish to fry - like the f****d economy for starters.

I'm hoping Gordo will finally understand now the risks we take on as contractors and realise the benefits we can offer our ailing country, and allow us to be rewarded appropriately!

Comment

It was "put under review" at the emergency budget a few weeks ago. So, it's in the long grass now.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        Last year it was postponed to April 2009 budget.

IMO HMRC will be chasing diminishing returns if they continue pursue this next year. I'm hoping it will quietly go away. What's left of their reduced workforce have bigger fish to fry - like the f****d economy for starters.

I'm hoping Gordo will finally understand now the risks we take on as contractors and realise the benefits we can offer our ailing country, and allow us to be rewarded appropriately!
        Good point. Over last 10 years 50% of productivity gains has comes from IT (with 1% of the workforce). Yet government treats us like dirt. I suppose we are a soft target?

Comment

Am I right in thinking that you have to be married to give your partner salary or divi's (re: the arctic case) - what about long term partner who has had your children?

Cheers,

RR.

Comment

Originally posted by richy_rich View Post
            Am I right in thinking that you have to be married to give your partner salary or divi's (re: the arctic case) - what about long term partner who has had your children?

Cheers,

RR.
            I think you have to be actually married

Comment

Originally posted by richy_rich View Post

Cheers,

RR.
              Why not marry the WOMAN who has had your children then, you could as well. IMHO

Comment

Working...
              X