• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocP View Post
    Contract terminated. Project cancelled and Merry Xmas to all.
    Well, you can have that XMas break you always wanted.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

This guy's new.

Watch this space. After he's been benched for a few days, and an agent tells him that he's CV's being sent to a client (subject to 2 references) he'll being doing that self-congratulory boomed post stuff with this ballpats

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        This guy's new.

Watch this space. After he's been benched for a few days, and an agent tells him that he's CV's being sent to a client (subject to 2 references) he'll being doing that self-congratulory boomed post stuff with this ballpats
        And you're still a sad old spiteful loser.

Comment

Bah Humbug indeed

Well, to add to the tone my contract with a well known telecoms co has finally come to an end.

Enforced furlough starting this Friday and no return in the new year.

Had an interview lined up with BP, but this was pulled at the last minute when they suddenly found an ideal candidate internally. Happened a lot when I was last there.

I'm going to do some studying and enjoy a well deserved break, then see what's around.

Just to round things off, the rumour is that almost all agency staff will be out of this place by March 2009. Looks like the news reports were right.

Merry Christmas All
          Be seeing you

Comment

Bad luck, Doc P. My contract ends on Friday and I don't have anything lined up for Jan (yet).

Isn't MOSS a very marketable skill? There's loads of junior/middle-tier .NET roles on jobs***e and jobs*ite so at least you have plenty of agents to aim your CV at.

At all my interviews now I ask if there have been any redundancies. The two answers are "Yes" and "No" (aka Not Yet).

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
              Well, to add to the tone my contract with a well known telecoms co has finally come to an end.

Enforced furlough starting this Friday and no return in the new year.

Had an interview lined up with BP, but this was pulled at the last minute when they suddenly found an ideal candidate internally. Happened a lot when I was last there.

I'm going to do some studying and enjoy a well deserved break, then see what's around.

Just to round things off, the rumour is that almost all agency staff will be out of this place by March 2009. Looks like the news reports were right.

Merry Christmas All
              Yes they are - by March all at BT GS will be out [contractors]

Last I heard - he new budgets will than require some back in.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                I wonder how many employers are waiting till January.

Absolutely loads, from what I've heard on the grapevine. Projects being canned left, right and centre. If you're in finance, automotive, construction or insurance, our market analysts tell us now is a REALLY good time to consider your options.

On the flipside, public sector looks very strong, hiring absolutely loads of contractors, best we've seen it for years.

The irony, eh?!

Merry Chrimble to all...

Comment

Glad i signed up here for an 18mth extension (means little i know), altho they are talking about culling 1 or 2 more, with 2 others not being renewed and finishing next week.
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                  X