• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOMED - New Gig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOMED - New Gig

Just got a part time gig to run alongside my fulltime one, with the new client happy for me to go full time if my current gig ends .

Makes it much harder to put up with the tulipe from the full time gig...lower rate, smaller project, not really my core skillset.

I'll put up with double bubble for as long as I can I suppose!

Well done, happy days. I'm close to securing a gig for end of Jan (when current gig finishes). 50% rate increase but only 4 days a week but still more than I get now. Almost boomed

Comment

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
      Just got a part time gig to run alongside my fulltime one, with the new client happy for me to go full time if my current gig ends .

Makes it much harder to put up with the tulipe from the full time gig...lower rate, smaller project, not really my core skillset.

I'll put up with double bubble for as long as I can I suppose!
      Congratulations

Comment

Tulip and boomed

What does Boomed and Tulip mean please?

Thanks

Comment

Sole interviewee on potential new contract tomorrow.......

Maybe Boomed
          Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
          I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Citychap View Post
            What does Boomed and Tulip mean please?
            Boomed = doing well / making money (opposite of doomed)

Tulip is the word the forum's swear filter uses when it sees, in this case, a four letter word beginning with "S" that means excrement.

It substitutes other swear words for other flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Boomed = doing well / making money (opposite of doomed)

Tulip is the word the forum's swear filter uses when it sees, in this case, a four letter word beginning with "S" that means excrement.

It substitutes other swear words for other flowers.
              Bollocks

Comment

Working...
              X