• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: BOOMED - New Gig

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BOOMED - New Gig"

Collapse

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Boomed = doing well / making money (opposite of doomed)

Tulip is the word the forum's swear filter uses when it sees, in this case, a four letter word beginning with "S" that means excrement.

It substitutes other swear words for other flowers.
    Bollocks

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Citychap View Post
    What does Boomed and Tulip mean please?
    Boomed = doing well / making money (opposite of doomed)

Tulip is the word the forum's swear filter uses when it sees, in this case, a four letter word beginning with "S" that means excrement.

It substitutes other swear words for other flowers.

Leave a comment:

• tino
    replied
    Sole interviewee on potential new contract tomorrow.......

Maybe Boomed

Leave a comment:

• Citychap
    replied
    Tulip and boomed

What does Boomed and Tulip mean please?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
    Just got a part time gig to run alongside my fulltime one, with the new client happy for me to go full time if my current gig ends .

Makes it much harder to put up with the tulipe from the full time gig...lower rate, smaller project, not really my core skillset.

I'll put up with double bubble for as long as I can I suppose!
    Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Well done, happy days. I'm close to securing a gig for end of Jan (when current gig finishes). 50% rate increase but only 4 days a week but still more than I get now. Almost boomed

Leave a comment:

• Crossroads
    started a topic BOOMED - New Gig

BOOMED - New Gig

Just got a part time gig to run alongside my fulltime one, with the new client happy for me to go full time if my current gig ends .

Makes it much harder to put up with the tulipe from the full time gig...lower rate, smaller project, not really my core skillset.

I'll put up with double bubble for as long as I can I suppose!

Working...
X