• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dev Jobs Not Sent to India??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dev Jobs Not Sent to India??

Just wondering what type of dev jobs are still done in London ?

What factors are common?
    • Front-Office vs Back-Office
    • WinForms vs ASP.NET
    • .NET vs Java
    • System Integration etc

On the software side here no client facing or front office work has gone. Pretty much everything else has gone abroad to some extent.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Anything public sector / requiring security clearance.

Just coming to the end of 18 months development work in London for a large government department. Can't say more than that, though.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I thought it might be the case ... leaning towards learning WPF rather than more of the same ASP.NET.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Anything public sector / requiring security clearance.

Just coming to the end of 18 months development work in London for a large government department. Can't say more than that, though.
          +1

Though it's dull as ditch water.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Do EA and other gaming companies still do dev in London?
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
              Do EA and other gaming companies still do dev in London?
              Don't know specifically about London, but there are lots of game studios in the UK who do.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How does agile work on an offshore basis? or doesnt it?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  How does agile work on an offshore basis? or doesnt it?
                  I don't think it does work on an offshore basis. An agile team should be composed of members across functions who interact closely and regularly. Works far better if you're all in the same office. If you're in different geographical locations it becomes fr-agile

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                    I don't think it does work on an offshore basis. An agile team should be composed of members across functions who interact closely and regularly. Works far better if you're all in the same office. If you're in different geographical locations it becomes fr-agile
                    Damn, that's plan "B" f**ked
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X