• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email and working on client's site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
    Not really. 99% of IR35 cases will be decided upon substitution, control and/or MOO.
    Who says?

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
      Who says?
      Me.
      Caselaw precedent.
      David Smith of Accountax.
      Anyone who know what they're talking about.

Comment

Fair enough.

But do you think that the Part & Parcel test should be completely ignored, then? Of course, subsititution, D&C and MOO is important but its the whole arrangement between client, agency and contractor that needs to be addressed not just certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
          Fair enough.

But do you think that the Part & Parcel test should be completely ignored, then? Of course, subsititution, D&C and MOO is important but its the whole arrangement between client, agency and contractor that needs to be addressed not just certain areas.
          When reviewing a contract, I will initially only consider substitution, D&C and MOO. If it passes on one of them, I wouldn't give P&P a second thought. If it doesn't pass on any of them, then it may be worth considering, amongst several other minor factors.

Of course, this pre-supposes that existing caselaw isn't superceded and I would caveat accordingly but I don't think there is any other practical assumption you can make.

PUMA

Comment

When using @ClientCo email address I now sign it as 'MyCo Ltd for and on behalf of ClientCo'. I would change it if ClientCo insisted, but until then the advert, er I mean 'signature' remains

Comment

Working...
            X