• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Email and working on client's site"

Collapse

• basshead
    replied
    When using @ClientCo email address I now sign it as 'MyCo Ltd for and on behalf of ClientCo'. I would change it if ClientCo insisted, but until then the advert, er I mean 'signature' remains

Leave a comment:

• THEPUMA
    replied
    Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
    Fair enough.

But do you think that the Part & Parcel test should be completely ignored, then? Of course, subsititution, D&C and MOO is important but its the whole arrangement between client, agency and contractor that needs to be addressed not just certain areas.
    When reviewing a contract, I will initially only consider substitution, D&C and MOO. If it passes on one of them, I wouldn't give P&P a second thought. If it doesn't pass on any of them, then it may be worth considering, amongst several other minor factors.

Of course, this pre-supposes that existing caselaw isn't superceded and I would caveat accordingly but I don't think there is any other practical assumption you can make.

PUMA

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Fair enough.

But do you think that the Part & Parcel test should be completely ignored, then? Of course, subsititution, D&C and MOO is important but its the whole arrangement between client, agency and contractor that needs to be addressed not just certain areas.

Leave a comment:

• THEPUMA
    replied
    Who says?
    Me.
    Caselaw precedent.
    David Smith of Accountax.
    Anyone who know what they're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
    Not really. 99% of IR35 cases will be decided upon substitution, control and/or MOO.
    Who says?

Leave a comment:

• THEPUMA
    replied
    How can it possibly be meaningless? Its one of the main tenets of a Employed / Self-Employed test.
    Not really. 99% of IR35 cases will be decided upon substitution, control and/or MOO.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    The term 'part and parcel of the organisation' seems meaningless IMO.

Some places I've worked have been mostly staffed by contractors and consultants; the few permies were mostly in management roles. So I was 'part and parcel' of an organised group of independent contractors and consultants, which sounds like a pointer outside of IR35.
    How can it possibly be meaningless? Its one of the main tenets of a Employed / Self-Employed test.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    The term 'part and parcel of the organisation' seems meaningless IMO.

Some places I've worked have been mostly staffed by contractors and consultants; the few permies were mostly in management roles. So I was 'part and parcel' of an organised group of independent contractors and consultants, which sounds like a pointer outside of IR35.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    In my experience, it seems split about 50/50. From an IR35 perspective IMHO it is a pointed toward being "part and parcel" of the client's business to use an @clientco.com address but it is anybody's guess how much emphasis or reliance would be placed on it.

QUOTE: I use the Clients email systems as their suppliers and customers don't expect and wouldn't necessarily accept doing business with someone they perceive as external to the client.

Which would suggest you are presented to externals as part and parcel of the client so presumably are inside IR35?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I use my own.

Sometimes I am forced to use clientco e-mail address but I keep that to a minimum.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 17 November 2008, 16:00.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    All externals here, whether contractors or consultants, have a company supplied email address of their name with the domain @contractor.clientco.com

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by pleomax View Post
    When you are working on a clients site on their behalf do you send emails to external business's using your LtdCo's email address or using the clients email addy (if they have given you one?).

Thinking form IR35 angle and professional angle.

Comments welcome.
    businesses

I use my Ltdco's email when dealing with anything not related to work at client site (including agent, accountant etc.)

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I use my Ltds. But, in the past it has varied.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by pleomax View Post
    When you are working on a clients site on their behalf do you send emails to external business's using your LtdCo's email address or using the clients email addy (if they have given you one?).

Comments welcome.
    I use the Clients email systems as their suppliers and customers don't expect and wouldn't necessarily accept doing business with someone they perceive as external to the client.

Leave a comment:

• pleomax
    started a topic Email and working on client's site

Email and working on client's site

Comments welcome.

Working...
X