• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Are you able to speak with your HR on this issue?

Do you know how strict they are on notice period?

Do you have any senior managers you can speak with?

With the current state of HBOS Id be surprised if they make an issue unless you are senior or key to the business or your area.
    Do you know how strict they are on notice period? don't know but will soon find out

Do you have any senior managers you can speak with? Am currently trying to gather the courage to go and talk to him. I really believe it's not in their best intrest to keep a staff that wants to go somewhere else (expercially as i work in the IT dept.)but i dont't want to upset anyone him as he has been ok to me in the past 3 months.

Comment

If it was all about the money, given the choice between 45k permie and £330/day contract in London, I'd stay permie.

Make sure when you do your sums, you factor in NI and all the taxes you will pay, plus accountancy fees, insurance costs etc.

Unless, you aren't doing this for the money and just want a better / different job - in which case, sums are irrelevant, it's whether you want to leave HBOS, and whether you want to do the job at TfL.

Not knowing what your skills are, it's difficult to know whether £330/day is good, bad or indifferent. You may be better off looking for a better paid contract, or this could be the best rate that you'll ever get for a contract for your skills, so if you want to contract then take it.

Finally, in terms of your notice period, it's not worth the paper it's written on. Offer to help out / make sure all your work is done / handover is clear / offer to help your replacement with a few calls after you leave - or walk out the door, and say f*** 'em. If you are a decent enough contractor, you'll never need them again (unless people you annoy move on to other companies and they end up interviewing you at some stage in the future, as has happened to me before).

Whatever you decide, the best of luck with it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
      X