• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signing contract extensions retrospectively

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    You can bill them £££ for a few sigs
    I once had an agency try to charge me £120 for signing a "reference" - basically confirming I had been on site.

They have since gone under. I am not suprised.

Comment

A while ago Elan moved some of their operations to Solihull and apparently lost a lot of documentation in the move. I was asked to resend them the usual company stuff, VAT cert, bank details etc. It's entirely up to you whether you re-sign previous extensions as it doesn't make the slightest difference, as mentioned you've already accepted their T&Cs by starting each extension.

I'd be interested how you think you can use another agency, Elan should have some sort of handcuff clause in their contract for that.
      Last edited by neilmcl; 13 November 2008, 08:06.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I once had an agency try to charge me £120 for signing a "reference" - basically confirming I had been on site.

They have since gone under. I am not suprised.
        I'd charge more than £120 to say anything nice about you, though.

It'll cost £500 not to point prospective clients to TPD,for a starter
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

3 yrs? jeez. get the hell outta there as soon as you can.

Comment

Working...
          X