• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice period issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice period issue

Hi guys,

I actually remember a similar question to this not long ago..but can't find it and can't remember the outcome.

Basically I'm on a 4 week contract, but agency put 7 weeks on the contract with 1 week notice.

now if they dont give me notice by the end of this week..will they still have to pay me until they serve me notice plus 1 week? i think client won't need me past the 4 week point.

Or can they get around this somehow?

THANK YAU!

If the client don't need you and you don't go in you'll have no timesheet and therefore the agency won't need to pay you. You'll be 'in contract' but you'll not be billing.

On the flip-side, if you start a new gig after 4 weeks, you'll have two running concurrently, which is always good when it comes to IR35...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

damn...so I can't invoice...was hoping i could.

ohwell...thanks

Comment

Ah, invoice them anyway.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post

ohwell...thanks
          And they say the agent's are sharks! Tush!
          I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post

ohwell...thanks
            You could. Then you'd fall under MOO fairly heavily and have to stump up PAYE money.

Notice periods are not worth toffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              You could. Then you'd fall under MOO fairly heavily and have to stump up PAYE money.

Notice periods are not worth toffee.
              Unless you're a mobile phone company with a contract lock in.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X