• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need 2 get SC Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need 2 get SC Clearance

Hello all,

My first post to contractor uk.

I am about to finish my contract and am looking for new one. I am a Netbackup/ SAN , EMC guy. Ofcourse the usual Windows etc and sysadmin thing.

Any ways, now I have BC clearance from this contract.

I want my self to get SC cleared in order to get better contracts. I am not a British Citizen. I am frustrated that even though metting the skils Agnecy let me down due to not SC clear.

I have my ltd company, can some one tell me how can I get SC cleared.

I need to get this SC clearance sorted please...tell me how.

Thanks a lot.

You can't get yourself cleared, there are only certain companies/govt depts that can put you forward for clearance.

Do a search, this has been discussed a hundred times before.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

As DiscoStu said you can't approach the DVA to request SC clearance as a Ltd company.

The only route to obtain SC clearance is to be sponsored via a Government department or a ListX company such as a major supplier to the Government.

BC clearance is not transferrable between clients either as it's essentially only an ID check.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        As DiscoStu said you can't approach the DVA to request SC clearance as a Ltd company.

The only route to obtain SC clearance is to be sponsored via a Government department or a ListX company such as a major supplier to the Government.

BC clearance is not transferrable between clients either as it's essentially only an ID check.
        Can only re-iterate what has been said already. The fact that the OP is not a british citizen also has an impact as well, as he/she will not be able to get work relating to UK Eyes only scenarios. (UK Eyes only isn't just for DV, some SC based roles are UK Eyes only). I didn't get my SC until I started with EDS, but then needed an extended SC with my current contract. To be honest, there are much more work out there that pays a lot more than SC cleared roles.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by kavanspace View Post
          Need 2 get SC Clearance
          Hello all,
          To It doesn't even SOUND the same. You save one letter on typing.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Easiest way to get security cleared is to start work at a ListX company in a non-SC role and work hard so they renew your contract on a project that does requires it.

I am about to finish my contract and am looking for new one.
            Well there goes that possibility...

To be fair you may get lucky and get another contract with a ListX company on the back of your existing BC status. (Yes I know BC isn't transferable and it means next to nothing, but every little advantage helps).
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by kavanspace View Post

I have my ltd company, can some one tell me how can I get SC cleared.

I need to get this SC clearance sorted please...tell me how.

Thanks a lot.
              You should have no problem getting SC. The others are right in that you need a List X or HMG sponsor but, as you have your Limited, call the DVA and tell them you want to put it through List X approval. That should be fairly painless and then you can apply for SC through your Ltd.

Or failing that, use the search facility on CUK as DiscoStu advised...

yes, this is an ironic post.
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
              X