• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying in US dollars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying in US dollars

Hi

I am looking to buy a website but the transaction needs to take place in US dollars, what is the best way to achieve this???

(Sorry, n00bie in whole FOREX thingy )

TIA

Do it by bank transfer. Just get them to supply their bank account details -account number abd sort code - and set up a payment from your bank. The currency conversion will be done automatically. You wont get the best exchange rate going but it is the easiest way.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by techno View Post
      Hi

I am looking to buy a website but the transaction needs to take place in US dollars, what is the best way to achieve this???

TIA
      Is the amount too large to use a credit card? I often use a ccard to but in USD and the rates are OK.

Comment

Hi

(Sorry, n00bie in whole FOREX thingy )

TIA
        Don't use Western Union or any of those high street money transfer companies. not worth it. Does the website allow you to make payment via paypal?
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Wouldn't using c/c or paypal just mean I am paying a cr@p rate and therefore will need more sterling to complete the transaction?

I need to get $11,000 so every bit of help on the rate will mean less £££'s

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Wouldn't using c/c or paypal just mean I am paying a cr@p rate and therefore will need more sterling to complete the transaction?

For that sort of quantity of cash you might be able to negotiate a rate from your bank, it's a bit on the low side for them to be commercially interested, but it's worth asking in my experience.

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

I assume using www.ukforex.co.uk is out of the question? I just checked the live price and it is about £1 -> $1.76, give or take a fraction.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I've used HIFX (forex co) before and they are reliable. You need to send a scan of your passport and a return a form by fax which is a pain though.

Comment

Working...
                X