• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agency tactics?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agency tactics?

Hi there havent been on here for awhile. just started to try to get another contract. have been on to agency got telephone for a 2nd line support role. agency comes back saying that hiring manager has told him the job is on hold but client will want to talk to me about another role that will be live soon.
    but didnt tell me what role it was.

been waiting a week for some solid feedback. what u reckon on this? there is more back ground on it but only that it is for a big client and they keep saying they on annual leave swapping consultants second time yesterday then i go back to original consulant today but it is august. but i dont know if the agency is jerkin me around? any counter tactics?

but then again it may be all honest enough?

Personally I wouldn't bother chasing it up. I've heard back about roles 2-3 weeks after they were first mentioned to me in some instances.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
      Personally I wouldn't bother chasing it up. I've heard back about roles 2-3 weeks after they were first mentioned to me in some instances.
      I agree about the not chasing bit. I heard back from my current role 2 months after I first heard about it.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

boring, boring, sticking up for agencies

Agencies are trying to make money, it is in our interest to come back quickly and efficiently to our candidates as without them we are unable to work properly and drive around in Audis, etc. (actually i do not have frosted tips in my hair and the world's biggest knot in my tie - i f**king hate those type of recruiters, give the rest of us a bad name) . From my own experience, delays in feedback really are down to our clients pissing us about, I have never knowingly fobbed off candidates and if people are not suitable or have been rejected, i will tell them as there is no milage in pussyfooting around as it gives the candidate false hope.

I would not be afraid of asking your agent if the client is dragging their feet or if he is just trying to "keep you warm", if your agent is any good, he will tell you. If you feel like you can;t trust him, don't use him!

Comment

Originally posted by brianbetter View Post
          Agencies are trying to make money, it is in our interest to come back quickly and efficiently to our candidates as without them we are unable to work properly and drive around in Audis, etc. (actually i do not have frosted tips in my hair and the world's biggest knot in my tie - i f**king hate those type of recruiters, give the rest of us a bad name) . From my own experience, delays in feedback really are down to our clients pissing us about, I have never knowingly fobbed off candidates and if people are not suitable or have been rejected, i will tell them as there is no milage in pussyfooting around as it gives the candidate false hope.

I would not be afraid of asking your agent if the client is dragging their feet or if he is just trying to "keep you warm", if your agent is any good, he will tell you. If you feel like you can;t trust him, don't use him!
          Aaaaaaameeeeennnnnn
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by brianbetter View Post

I tend to take a hostile view towards some agencies that either don't communicate or don't bother telling me that I haven't been successful in an interview and giving me false hope. It has happened a number of times. I'm still learning how to ignore false-hopers.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Aaaaaaameeeeennnnnn
              So this means that there are at least two more ethically minded pimps in existence than I would ever have imagined in my wildest dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                So this means that there are at least two more ethically minded pimps in existence than I would ever have imagined in my wildest dreams?
                Or one ethically minded pimp and one that wants you to think he's ethically minded
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Or one ethically minded pimp and one that wants you to think he's ethically minded
                  I wonder if you checked the ip addresses they'd be the same?
                  Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

If he can get you an interview...he will! Not worth chasing.
                    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Working...
                    X