• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract renewal paperwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract renewal paperwork

Curious really, do you carefully compare renewal contracts against the original or previous contract signed or do you just 'blindly' sign.

I have been carefully comapring against previous contracts.

I usually just ask for a new assignment or schedule ... or do nothing.

I've never "renewed" just carried on working and getting paid.

Comment

Some agents issue another contract at renewal which is supposed to be better for IR35 than the issue of a schedule.

If I get a 'renewal' contract OR schedule, I tend to review them. On one renewal, it said I only had to work 32 hours a week! I suppose I could have held them to that but as it was a big project didnt bother.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        I have been carefully comapring against previous contracts.
        A very good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
          A very good idea!
          Well, it got me thinking about the next question which is what would be stopping you from (slightly) amending the renewal and sending it back.

i.e. creating your own version in Word with the amendments, signing and posting back.

Obviously, this assumes the agent would not carefully check at his end.

And no, before you say it, not planning on doing this but was curious as to what checks and balances there are in these scenarios. There seems to be an element of trust involved even though most of us are not big fans of agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Obviously, this assumes the agent would not carefully check at his end.
            In my experience, they'll give it a quick scan, check the signatures, and file it. On one contract, I crossed out in blue ink the clauses I didn't like, and initialed the change, before signing the contract. I doubt the agent even noticed that.

If you get sent the contract as a non-editable PDF, you can always do what a colleague of mine did. Print it, scan it, edit it, print it off, sign.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X