• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Venn Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venn Group

I got a call from them today, the blokes have always been friendly that spoke to me.

They want me to go in for an agency interview (no jobs mentioned). Apparently this is their selling point whereby they pre-screen candidates. No other agency has interviewed me and I've had three roles so far.

Should I go or do you think they are a front for the Church of Scientology?

Originally posted by HermanDune View Post
    I got a call from them today, the blokes have always been friendly that spoke to me.

They want me to go in for an agency interview (no jobs mentioned). Apparently this is their selling point whereby they pre-screen candidates. No other agency has interviewed me and I've had three roles so far.

Should I go or do you think they are a front for the Church of Scientology?
    When I was shortlisted for an interview with Websense, the agency decided they wanted to do a pre-interview interview. When I had an interview with one of the Govt. organisations, the agency did a pre-interview interview (and a bad job of it too!). Another agency did a candidate screening on me before any jobs were mentioned... a few days later, they asked me if I wanted to work for a company near where I use to work.

It isn't totally unusual to d oa pre-job screening.... it just means that the agency, apparently, is trying to make sure they are putting forward the right candidate forward. Some succeed, some screw it up big time. Never heard of the agency you are referring too though.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Agency interviews are a total waste of time. Avoid.

Comment

All sounds very permie to me "agency pre-selection interview".

What does it mean and what does it entail?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          All sounds very permie to me "agency pre-selection interview".

What does it mean and what does it entail?
          Some agencies put on their websites stuff like they pre-screen all candidates before selecting them and sending them to the clients.

Most agencies do their "pre-screening" with a phone call and by reading your CV. There as some other agencies try and insist that they meet you before you go and see the client.

It's quite easy to get out of meeting them.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Most agencies do their "pre-screening" with a phone call and by reading your CV. There as some other agencies try and insist that they meet you before you go and see the client.
            My agent met me 3 minutes before the IV with the client, just so she could tick the "pre-screened" box.....

Comment

It's an exercise in generating leads for an agency with time on their hands. Never happens when they're busy. They'll ask you for references to "check out" as well. Avoid.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                It's an exercise in generating leads for an agency with time on their hands. Never happens when they're busy. They'll ask you for references to "check out" as well. Avoid.
                You might be right, Fred. He waffled on about a project they were doing in the office.

When I asked him about specific jobs he could not cite any still current.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Some agencies put on their websites stuff like they pre-screen all candidates before selecting them and sending them to the clients.

It's quite easy to get out of meeting them.
                  Where did you find an agent that reads CVs?

Comment

Working...
                  X