• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    No refs on CV, it was just the massive vagueness on the pimp's part saying he had a suitable role and not bothering to get back.

Have no issue in sending CV to pimps provided its for a suitable vacant role.

qh
    I am happy to give my CV to people even when there isn't a role at the time, abd it has worked in my favour too.

Comment

This whole things been getting a bit out of hand for me recently.

I'm getting called for at least 40 mins (in seperate calls) every day by fishing - applying on jobserve seems to have become the equivalent of registering for cold calling.

I had a laugh on linked in yesterday , to see certain agents saying "This CV is fake, dont listen to him , GAH! Timewasters we can't be doing with them" - probably inbetween wasting our time fishing for references etc.

More scary - a friend of mine learnt of a twitter group they are using - something along the lines of "FAKE CV's @ Twitter" , and saw that his own CV was on it . Apparantly it was fake just because it had MSFT on it, I really hope I'm never on that, thats as good as slander.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

I'm getting called for at least 40 mins (in seperate calls) every day by fishing - applying on jobserve seems to have become the equivalent of registering for cold calling.

I had a laugh on linked in yesterday , to see certain agents saying "This CV is fake, dont listen to him , GAH! Timewasters we can't be doing with them" - probably inbetween wasting our time fishing for references etc.

More scary - a friend of mine learnt of a twitter group they are using - something along the lines of "FAKE CV's @ Twitter" , and saw that his own CV was on it . Apparantly it was fake just because it had MSFT on it, I really hope I'm never on that, thats as good as slander.
        *libel.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

WFT = MSFT!?
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Another fisher this morning. The bloke from Pr***er had the audacity to advertise a cms developer contract role in his email, but started talking about crm systems on the phone. At an early stage I therefore knew it was a spam, so the later questions "can you update me on any recent interviews?" and "I'll need a couple of references (please be assured I won't follow them up before the interview etc etc ) as per the clients' requirements..." were met by a stone wall.
            I like the idea of giving previous recruiting agents as reference for past roles, though. Maybe I should start doing that.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

2 references

Im in the recruitment business myself and found it somewhat humerous reading this post, like the majority of companies we do request 2 references, just by reading your post, I would make the assumption that your a well informed individual that boast's an impressive CV, however you have to try and appreciate that there are a lot of jokers and time wasters who fabricate credentials which ultimately reflect negatively on anyone who suggests them for a role. The references generally act as a filtering process, normally a person who has no qualms with providing 2 points of contact from previous roles would be more likely to be an impressive candidate than a person being cagey about them. My advice is that you just get 2 names and a general phone number of your previous companies for us lazy so n so's and provide them up front. I do appreciate that it can come across a bit rude when questioned about your past but if you really want to be back in work you just got to adhere to request's even if they seem ridiculous to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SAP Recruiter View Post
                Im in the recruitment business myself and found it somewhat humerous reading this post, like the majority of companies we do request 2 references, just by reading your post, I would make the assumption that your a well informed individual that boast's an impressive CV, however you have to try and appreciate that there are a lot of jokers and time wasters who fabricate credentials which ultimately reflect negatively on anyone who suggests them for a role. The references generally act as a filtering process, normally a person who has no qualms with providing 2 points of contact from previous roles would be more likely to be an impressive candidate than a person being cagey about them. My advice is that you just get 2 names and a general phone number of your previous companies for us lazy so n so's and provide them up front. I do appreciate that it can come across a bit rude when questioned about your past but if you really want to be back in work you just got to adhere to request's even if they seem ridiculous to you.
                As a SAP consultant/contractor I have to call you out on this, the 2 reference process is a scam done by your industry to try and secure fiurther business. All my contracts have been secured without providing references.

Comment

I'm
                  humourous
                  you're
                  boasts
                  requests

I hope that you pay more attention to detail when discussing potential roles with clients and contractors.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can you please include two references?
                    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Quite happy to give you the 2 references after the interview.

Doing this whittles down the time-wasters and downright liars, as I'm sure you're aware.

I do appreciate that this can come across a bit rude when questioned about your professionalism but if you want me to be your candidate for this contract you're just to have to accept my refusal, even if it seems a pain-in-the-ass to you.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X