• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    Jamie Kerry from Henlow Associates.

'Been up all weekend going through hundreds of CV's for a role and found 3 people, you are one of them!' etc.

Requires details of 3 past Interviews before you can be submitted for a role via Accenture for a contract 40% over market rate. Details needed include interviewer name, Interviewer Position, Company, Daily Rate.

Henlow actually have a form for this that you complete and send back

'As part of the recruitment process and requested by our client please provide the details of your most recent 3 interviews.'

'Please send back completed form as quickly as possible to enable us to progress your application.'

I did not play ball, guess what, no call back.

As there was no gig in the first place. "Been up all weekend" Christ they don't have speak/type some tulipe.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I feel really bad i gave two reference to the Agency who told they can send my cv to client after my ref. I gave my reference, after that i asked for the client name no communication for them. Cheaters. I am new to this site/job search after a long time, not sure can i tell the agency name here. I've linkedin connect from agencies, i am not sure what kind of damage they will do if i add them.
      Last edited by goldenstarnice; 1 June 2014, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstarnice View Post
        I feel really bad i gave two reference to the Agency who told they can send my cv to client after my ref. I gave my reference, after that i asked for the client name no communication for them. Cheaters. I am new to this site/job search after a long time, not sure can i tell the agency name here. I've linkedin connect from agencies, i am not sure what kind of damage they will do if i add them.
        Eats shoots and leaves?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstarnice View Post
          They could go through your contacts, work out who hiring managers are, and hassle them for new opportunities. No damage to you unless they drop your name.

This isn't massively likely, but it can happen. I usually accept the agent's request, don't allow them to see contacts then remove the agent after about a week to keep the peace if we're talking about a specific role. If I've never heard of them, I always reject the connection request.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
            They could go through your contacts, work out who hiring managers are, and hassle them for new opportunities. No damage to you unless they drop your name.

This isn't massively likely, but it can happen. I usually accept the agent's request, don't allow them to see contacts then remove the agent after about a week to keep the peace if we're talking about a specific role. If I've never heard of them, I always reject the connection request.
            It shows how very little the pimps know about LI (and tech in general) as when I reply to them after a connection request (but not accepting) I usually get a "Oooh thanks for accepting my connection!"

qh

Comment

Today's LinkedIn message (after I said I wasn't looking for anything at the moment, and refused the connection):

Originally posted by Overseas-based Agent Scum
              can i request you for small favor,

can you give any reference please, may be we can find job for them.

Big thank
              <pimp name>
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Haha I spat my Ovalteenies at the screen reading that. Go on please give me reference.

qh

Comment

Just had another muppet agent call me using the same script as Henlow.

Unfortunately, I started swearing at him and did not get his details before he put the phone down on me.

I must do better next time.

Comment

*Sigh* just got another one

X has also requested that we reference all candidates prior to interview stage, so to ensure we can process your application and any forthcoming interview without delay can you please email me the names, job titles and contact details of two professional referees within the next 48 hours.

Comment

Got an agent call up and tell me that he is looking for someone with my skill set. He then asks what my skill set was (!)
                      He started asking some questions to see if I would 'fit the role' but they were generic and made little sense if he actually had a gig.

He then said 'Oh you work for XXX, I did some work with them with Pete - does he still work there' I replied 'No, now Bob does but he will not speak to agents'.

He then explained that he was meeting the client next Tuesday and would take my cv with him ... he also later said he would send my cv and speak to the client on Tuesday about it.
                      Call ended.

Another call 3 weeks later explaining the role has come alive. Asking for any other interviews I have been on, vague ramblings with lots of enjoyable awkward silence about my experience. Then:

Him: "Oh you used to work for YYY, I did some work with them with Tim - is he still there?"
                      Me: "Yes, I worked with him. I did not realise he was still there, last I heard he had gone back to Estonia"
                      Him: "Why?"
                      Me: "He's from Estonia"
                      Him: "Erm ... oh yeah of course I remember now"
                      Me: "Or was it somewhere else ... somewhere in Eastern Europe, didn't you ever notice his accent?"
                      Him: "Erm ... right I will get your cv off to the client and let you know how it goes - bye"
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X