• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Second contract renewal with same company...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second contract renewal with same company...

so why are Elan asking me for references again!!!! The same ones I supplied on my initial contract and first extension. This is pissing off the the people I used to work for and is jeopardising any future contracts with them.
    Blood in your poo

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    so why are Elan asking me for references again!!!! The same ones I supplied on my initial contract and first extension. This is pissing off the the people I used to work for and is jeopardising any future contracts with them.
    Credit crunch, drop off in the number of contracts around.. Guess.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Then don't provide them (again). Can't see Elan drop you from a paying contract for that.

Comment

Or give them your current site as a reference.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

Good point
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Stuff that! Tell them you supplied refs before taking up the role. Parity do this from time to time with me. I just ignore their 'requests.'
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Exactly what I normally do, even for new roles...confuses the hell out of them when your new client contact is also your referee.

Comment

Explain to the client that you'd like to renew, but the agency are making it impossible. Make it clear that you would be happy to stay if it wasn't for the agency's unreasonable demands, which threaten to jeopardise the operation of your business by destroying goodwill. Then see if the client gets on the phone to the agency asking them WTF they're doing, jeopardising the client's project in this manner.

If the client doesn't do so, maybe they don't want you so badly, and you'd be better off going somewhere you're appreciated.

(If you can do subtlety, you might even be able to plant the suggestion in the client's mind that the agency is trying to force you out so they can put in a replacement at a higher commission, although this must never be explicitly stated.)

Comment

Ignore.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

References

If Elan had a half decent system then they would have your references saved against your file. Also, your pimp should have a relationship with the Elan manager who is currently utilising your skills rendering the question pointless. It seems that they have blindly sent out a complete new contract pack without taking the time to remove the unnecessary paperwork. Another example of sloppy and frankly thoughtless practice giving us good agents a bad reputation!

Comment

Working...
                    X