• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAP ABAP Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAP ABAP Market

Hi,

Does any one comment on SAP ABAP market. I have over 5 years of exp and it has been over 3 weeks and still waiting for that first interview call.

BTW: I am new to UK market.

Thanks

An awful lots of places outsource / offshore their ABAP so not a very buoyant UK demand

Windy

Comment

That is true.

Anyway if you've been in work for 260 weeks you should be able to cope with 3 without!

Comment

I do ABAP, amongst other things, and the longest time on the bench I've had in ten years, was a couple of months in 2000. What's your experience in? R/3 SD won't get you far. (Having said that, there's one one Jobserve for £350 a day - not great, but a good start). Do you have anything such as: HR, CRM, SEM, BI, PI, ABAP Objects, functional knowledge, Web dynpro. Any team lead/management experience.

Can you work in continental Europe? The market at the moment I've found to be pretty good.

Chances are your CV is letting you down, if you're not getting interviews. Do the agents know you're a first timer? What rate are you pitching at? Do you have language skills?

To compete with Bangalore, or Eastern Europe, you've got to have something that makes you more value for money.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What's ABAP? Is it one of those fluffy things made out of bread?

Comment

Yep. And SAP is the stuff you find in trees. Or working as permies.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X