• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Ltd co / Umbrella etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Ltd co / Umbrella etc

I have been contracting for 15 years, and previously used a Ltd company until I moved to Europe 2 years ago. I then paid local taxes on my entire earnings.

I am now based 60% in UK, 40% in Europe, but paid mainly in euros. I already have a euros trade account, (which is the best business decision I have ever made by the way), but need to set up a euros business account if I go down the Ltd company route. I am not interested in EBT, or loan schemes, or IOM tax avoidance. Instead, I am seeking some serious advice from experienced contractors about the best way to operate currently.

Should I set up a Ltd co / operate through an umbrella (which one) / or do something entirely different? I have extensive expenses as I fly every week and spend approx 100 nights in hotels. My IR35 status is currently being evaluated so I would like to know the options based on both scenarios.

Any advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks.

Definitely best going limited if outside IR35
    Probably best going limited if inside IR35.

There's a lot of info on this site about these topics. I'd use the search facility first and then come back to the forum.

Comment

My IR35 status is currently being evaluated
      By whom?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X