• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hour rates V. Day rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hour rates V. Day rates

Just a quickie but when I look at the average contractor rates on this here website I see a strange discrepancy, for example:

TCP/IP
    Hour rate: £23.96 Day rate: £333

So what am I missing, why is the day rate not around 200 quid?

Perhaps a mod or someone can explain.
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Just a quickie but when I look at the average contractor rates on this here website I see a strange discrepancy, for example:

TCP/IP
    Hour rate: £23.96 Day rate: £333

So what am I missing, why is the day rate not around 200 quid?

Perhaps a mod or someone can explain.
    You have to work 13.89 hours a day.

HTH
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Gig's paying by the hour are generally thought of as more junior, and therefore not attacting a better rate. Pay by the day is seen as more senior and therefore ghets a better rate.

Of course the logical conclusion to that is that being payed by the year as a permie would be the best rate of all, so I guess it blows that explanantion out of the water
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Gig's paying by the hour are generally thought of as more junior, and therefore not attacting a better rate. Pay by the day is seen as more senior and therefore ghets a better rate.
        Some clientCos prefer daily rates because it cuts down on the timeshifting that hourly rates allows ("oi client, I've built up 400 extra hours over the last couple of months, I'm off to hawaii for a month, adios")

I still time shift on daily rates anyway, it' no branier that even if you bill by the day (7.5 hours) you can still build up TOIL.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Very interesting view indeed! Seems I have to switch over to pay per day.

Comment

Working...
          X