• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd Company Details Doc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd Company Details Doc

Just been sent the documentation for the gig I've just secured and amongst other things the agency (Sanderson) require these to be filled out

* Certificate of Incorporation OK
    * VAT Certificate (if appropriate) OK
    * Employers Liability Insurance N/A
    * Professional Indemnity Insurance OK
    * Public Liability Insurance OK
    * Passport or other relevant documentation such as residence permit, registration certificate or Immigration Status Document [showing right of abode / right to work in the UK where applicable] Please do not fax copy of passoport FAIR ENOUGH
    * Proof of Residence [e.g. utility bill showing residential address, dated within the last 3 months] WHY?????
    * Limited Company Details (Form 3) SEE BELOW
    * 2 Referees (Form 4) GRRR

> Start

LIMITED COMPANY DETAILS

Following changes to legislation* it is essential for us, as an employment business to ensure you have structured your company affairs in an appropriate manner.

Please complete the questions below providing supporting documents where necessary. You should be aware that this information, if requested, will be made available to HM Revenue and Customs; any false statements could lead to action being taken.

Until we are in receipt of this completed document, notwithstanding any contractual arrangements in place, we will be unable to pay monies to your Company.

Please be aware that, at this time, we will only pay invoices from your limited company, and these will only be paid to the limited company bank account.

*(Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 (ITEPA 2003)

Please complete the following: -

Name of Limited Company __________________________________________

Company Registration Number __________________________________________

All Shareholders __________________________________________

All Directors [Executive and Non-Executive] __________________________________________ __________________________________________

Limited Company Bank e.g. Barclays, Natwest etc. __________________________________________

Authorised Signatories to Account __________________________________________

(including any third party or proxy

agreements) __________________________________________

Do you have a company/companies providing

assistance / advice to you? Yes / No

If yes, please provide details __________________________________________

Please confirm the following by signing against each statement: -

No payments received from this contract are being transferred off shore. Off Shore includes, but is not limited to, Jersey, Guernsey, and Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Cyprus, Switzerland

Confirm by signing ____________________________________________

Confirm by printing name ____________________________________________

That you and/or the company are not operating via a managed service company

Confirm by signing ____________________________________________

Confirm by printing name ____________________________________________

> End

What the @?!* !!!

I need the gig because I'm skint, but they really do not need these details.
    Last edited by Badger; 30 May 2008, 12:19. Reason: Added legislation they state in the document

I just tell pimps now that (1) I don't have a passport, never travelled abroad, never needed one and (2) I don't have a driving licence, never driven, never needed one and (3) I don't have any paper bills as all my household billing is done online.

It confuses them no end and after I repeat this stock answer a few times they usually just give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      * Passport or other relevant documentation such as residence permit, registration certificate or Immigration Status Document [showing right of abode / right to work in the UK where applicable] Please do not fax copy of passoport FAIR ENOUGH
      * Proof of Residence [e.g. utility bill showing residential address, dated within the last 3 months] WHY?????
      For the passport: Letter on YourCo letterhead stating that YourCo has confirmed that your are who you say you are and indemnify the agency.
      Proof of residence: Ignore - IMO, this is for permies
      Limited co details: Letter explaining this information is freely available from Companies house
      Referees: Letter saying that referees will be provided to ClientCo on receipt of written request from ClientCo
      The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Tell them to go **** themselves. I've had enough of this tulip.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I would MM but I'm seriously skint!!

It really shouldn't be this difficult!!
          Last edited by Badger; 30 May 2008, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Tell them to go **** themselves. I've had enough of this tulip.
            And as for telling you that notwithstanding any contract, they won't pay you... I've never had breach of contract in writing before!

Comment

Ahh, my favourite agency.

At this moment in time I am not in posession of a passport or driving licence, and all billing is my my partner's name.

What should I do?
              "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
              "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post

At this moment in time I am not in posession of a passport or driving licence, and all billing is my my partner's name.

What should I do?
                Ignore them. If they ask for it a second time by phone just tell them that you will send tomorrow and ignore them again. Usually, the second phone call will be received after you have started the contract and possibly have billed and even received payment.

Comment

[QUOTE=Badger;547942]Just been sent the documentation for the gig I've just secured and amongst other things the agency (Sanderson) require these to be filled out

* Certificate of Incorporation OK
                  * VAT Certificate (if appropriate) OK
                  * Employers Liability Insurance N/A
                  * Professional Indemnity Insurance OK
                  * Public Liability Insurance OK

> Start

LIMITED COMPANY DETAILS

QUOTE]

This sort of thing really Peas me off!

1. It’s the agent who is a financial risk and not the contractor. You should be checking out the agents status. (Although Sanderson is well known and secure)
                  2. Never copy your passport and send it to anyone.
                  3. By giving copies of personal documents you are then open to identity theft.
                  4. If they want company details, ask them to get it from companies house. You can then do the same to them.

If the agency want’s to check you out; then OK, take a day off and go and see them, show them but don’t give them your passport or other documents. I have never know a agent to drop a contractor because he refused to give copies of any documents.

At also Peas me off that the request for all the information is not requested from FTVs and there is no way of checking them out apart from a passport.

A recent programme on Radio 4 found out even when employers and agents reported suspected illegal emigrant workers there was not a government system to follow up the report. There is no legal requirement for the agency to hold the checked out information on file and the check only apply if they are employing the contractor.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                    Do you know what Sandersons payment schedules are? I dont want to wait a month for the first payment.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X