• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luxembourg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luxembourg

Hi Folks!

Just secured a long term contract in Luxembourg, and would like to know what is the best (legal) way or maximising my retained earnings.

I have read the overseas guide, but it is a bit vague as well as 5 years old, and I've DAFS, but still not sure what is the best route ?

Has anyone used the umbrella companies that operate schemes in Luxembourg ? Which ones do I need to avoid ?

Cheers

Toastiness

I know of a few that deal with other European countries. Don't know if Luxembourg is any different.

www.pearl-systems.com

www.sybersolve.com

www.gamutfinancial.ch (based in Switzerland so may have more experience of Luxembourg)

www.cpmgroup.co.uk

Hope that helps

Comment

Luxembourg

Thanks for the info.

I saw the thread on ITECS and have contacted a couple of recommendations on that thread, namely Pearl Systems and KeyWest.

They both seem pretty good and have a handle on the local situation.

I will check out your other companies you list.

Comment

Try ITECS and connexions. These are two commonly used in Luxembourg.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I am based out in Lux at the moment. I am not contracting though. I was told that the Luxembourg government allow you pay half your salary into an off-shore bank account and avoid any taxes.

If you need any other, general advice on Luxembourg and finding someplace to stay etc then don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Try ITECS and connexions. These are two commonly used in Luxembourg.
            I have heard of connexion but their website (www.connexion.lu) seems to have disapeared.

As for ITECS I have read too many unfavourable comments about them to feel comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by jkoder View Post
              I am based out in Lux at the moment. I am not contracting though. I was told that the Luxembourg government allow you pay half you salary into an off-shore bank account.

If you need any other, general advice on Luxembourg and finding someplace to stay etc then don't hesitate to ask.
              Thanks for the offer that would be really helpful.

I can't contact you since I only registered recently. Can you email me at [removed] ?

Cheers

Comment

What you want is a company in Luxembourg, and be careful of schemes, I've noticed that the lacadaisical approach to tax that used to exist has become somewhat more efficient.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                X