• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a topical note, anyone know the price of fuel in Oz?

And do they use gallons or litres?
    Last edited by gadgetman; 21 May 2008, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post

Around $1.50 a litre for unleaded in Adelaide when I was there in April. Diesel is more.
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Not really, when I joined the site I was commuting to moscow weekly. Bit of a ball-ache, hence the moniker.

I remember Moscow Mule being sold in pubs - sort of the first alcopop.

A quick run down of aussie beers
        Fosters - only brits drink it, tastes like gnats piss.
        XXXX - hoons drink it
        VB - drink of choice for many
        Tooheys New - most popular beer in NSW
        Tooheys Extra Dry - possibly the best beer in the world.
        Coopers - can't find the bastard anywhere but Adelaide
        Or here: http://www.truebluetucker.co.uk/drin...28074a46efdc31

Comment

The isolation of the place, the weather (too hot), lack of jobs (for myself) and the fact that it seems to be overrun with Brits which has also forced the prices of everything up.
          I'll give it a bash for a while, see how it goes. With my 'African Sunset' hair colouring - i'll be taking the factor 50 with me!

Comment

I was listening to ABC Radio Sydney this morning and it varies between AUD1.38 & 1.70 per litre at the moment. Not sure about WA.

Comment

Bloody good spot Lucy, and only £1.15 a bottle - you can have a virtual smacker for that one
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Bloody good spot Lucy, and only £1.15 a bottle - you can have a virtual smacker for that one
                No problem MM, is that a good price? I don't drink it, I just like that site because they sometimes sell a breakfast cereal I like...

Comment

I had a Coopers last night! ahhhhh!
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

I have now read through this thread and a couple of others on the subject of Oz and I am not sure how well does this apply to my situation.

I am pondering working directly for an Oz based Plc and just invoice them from my UK Ltd.

Anything wrong with that approach given that the work will be mostly done in UK and i will be based in UK for 90% of the time?

Comment

Working...
                    X