• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in Australia"

Collapse

• xchaotic
    replied
    I have now read through this thread and a couple of others on the subject of Oz and I am not sure how well does this apply to my situation.

I am pondering working directly for an Oz based Plc and just invoice them from my UK Ltd.

Anything wrong with that approach given that the work will be mostly done in UK and i will be based in UK for 90% of the time?

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    I had a Coopers last night! ahhhhh!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Bloody good spot Lucy, and only £1.15 a bottle - you can have a virtual smacker for that one
    No problem MM, is that a good price? I don't drink it, I just like that site because they sometimes sell a breakfast cereal I like...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Bloody good spot Lucy, and only £1.15 a bottle - you can have a virtual smacker for that one

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    On a topical note, anyone know the price of fuel in Oz?

And do they use gallons or litres?
    I was listening to ABC Radio Sydney this morning and it varies between AUD1.38 & 1.70 per litre at the moment. Not sure about WA.

Leave a comment:

• beeker
    replied
    The isolation of the place, the weather (too hot), lack of jobs (for myself) and the fact that it seems to be overrun with Brits which has also forced the prices of everything up.
    I'll give it a bash for a while, see how it goes. With my 'African Sunset' hair colouring - i'll be taking the factor 50 with me!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Not really, when I joined the site I was commuting to moscow weekly. Bit of a ball-ache, hence the moniker.

I remember Moscow Mule being sold in pubs - sort of the first alcopop.

A quick run down of aussie beers
    Fosters - only brits drink it, tastes like gnats piss.
    XXXX - hoons drink it
    VB - drink of choice for many
    Tooheys New - most popular beer in NSW
    Tooheys Extra Dry - possibly the best beer in the world.
    Coopers - can't find the bastard anywhere but Adelaide
    Or here: http://www.truebluetucker.co.uk/drin...28074a46efdc31

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied

Around $1.50 a litre for unleaded in Adelaide when I was there in April. Diesel is more.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied

Last edited by gadgetman; 21 May 2008, 12:35.

Leave a comment:

• nipper
    replied
    How about crown lager, smooth as

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by beeker View Post
    being from Scotland i'm more of a Whisky drinker! I'l no doubt get educated over there on which beer to drink and not to drink!!

I take it you're a fan of a Moscow Mule then? the 70's drink of choice for young women?!
    Not really, when I joined the site I was commuting to moscow weekly. Bit of a ball-ache, hence the moniker.

I remember Moscow Mule being sold in pubs - sort of the first alcopop.

A quick run down of aussie beers
    Fosters - only brits drink it, tastes like gnats piss.
    XXXX - hoons drink it
    VB - drink of choice for many
    Tooheys New - most popular beer in NSW
    Tooheys Extra Dry - possibly the best beer in the world.
    Coopers - can't find the bastard anywhere but Adelaide

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    The isolation of the place, the weather (too hot), lack of jobs (for myself) and the fact that it seems to be overrun with Brits which has also forced the prices of everything up.

Leave a comment:

• beeker
    replied
    getting digs with friends of the family and gf has a friend there too. Good a place as any to start with. Plus the Oil boom there with my Oil & Gas experience should be a caker to get a job!

he says now.....

what put you off?

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    Perth was actually first choice for a while but we were put off by a few things.

Any particular reason for you choosing it?

Originally posted by beeker View Post
    Consider your good deed done for the day - thanks a lot!! If i score a gig through them let me know if you are in Perth anytime after August and i'll get you a fosters, or a castlemain four X!?

Leave a comment:

• beeker
    replied
    being from Scotland i'm more of a Whisky drinker! I'l no doubt get educated over there on which beer to drink and not to drink!!

I take it you're a fan of a Moscow Mule then? the 70's drink of choice for young women?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X