• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Want The Following...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do decide to give references out then make sure you ask the referee first. Tell Modis you're making sure it's OK to release peoples details and you'll pass the information on as and when.

After all, would you want a call out of the blue from an agency trying to sell you replacements? And you don't want to piss off people who are willing to give you a reference by 'surprising' them with an agency phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
      Hi all, update:

Modis replied with the following:

References will be taken by Modis as part of our agreement with <client>, please supply relevant details.

Is it worth calling the client to ask? I dont want to piss anyone off.

TM
      I'm currently with Modis, they did check references but didn't do any fishing and haven't done any since. As far as agencies go they're actually really good, always pay on time and haven't got anything wrong yet.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Thanks for the resplies guy,

DiscoStu, very useful info.

Will pass on to my brother and will presume all is well.

Thanks all
        TM

Comment

References

I am a pimp and it is part of our agreed quality procedures that we take references. Yes it can be a marketing tool, but most importantly, it helps us to prove that the CVs we are forwarding to our clients are not a complete fabrication. As an agency, our clients have the right to audit our systems to check we are working legally and efficiently and references are one of the few ways we have of checking out that people have actually been doing what they say they have been doing.

Yes, it is easy to make up references and / or get referees to lie for you but what's the point? At the end of the day we are trying to keep the market strong and trustworthy by ensuring that we only deal with reputable contractors.

Comment

I'm working for Modis too - only gave one reference (and that not until after I'd received the contract) - they called and checked, not pushy or trying to get leads. They pay weekly, if the timesheet is in by Tuesday the money hits the bank on Thursday - if the timesheet's not in til Wednesday the money arrives Sat / Monday.

I'm not unimpressed by them!

Comment

Originally posted by brianbetter View Post
              I am a pimp and it is part of our agreed quality procedures that we take references. Yes it can be a marketing tool, but most importantly, it helps us to prove that the CVs we are forwarding to our clients are not a complete fabrication. As an agency, our clients have the right to audit our systems to check we are working legally and efficiently and references are one of the few ways we have of checking out that people have actually been doing what they say they have been doing.

Yes, it is easy to make up references and / or get referees to lie for you but what's the point? At the end of the day we are trying to keep the market strong and trustworthy by ensuring that we only deal with reputable contractors.

You have missed the fact that he has had the interview and been offered the position.

TM

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
                I'm working for Modis too - only gave one reference (and that not until after I'd received the contract) - they called and checked, not pushy or trying to get leads. They pay weekly, if the timesheet is in by Tuesday the money hits the bank on Thursday - if the timesheet's not in til Wednesday the money arrives Sat / Monday.

I'm not unimpressed by them!
                Thanks SillyMilly.

It is good to know

TM

Comment

As it is as contract stage their requests are not only reasonable but required by the Agency Regulations

Now on the other hand, if they are asking you to opt out of the regulations they become a lot less reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by brianbetter View Post

More cliches

yawn
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      More cliches

yawn
                      you name gives it away.

Comment

Working...
                      X