• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored, bored, bored,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiration.

Originally posted by youngandgay
    Hi all,

Just looking for general advice on how the hell I get out of helpdesk/desktop
    support and into something worthwhile and more importantly more rewarding.

Have been a contractor for approx 4 years, so know how it all works, just
    seemed do have got stuck in a rut. I'm also sick to death of users, most days
    i could quite happily do a colombine, take the Oozi in, and watch the blood
    drip down the walls.....This can't be healthy!!

Anyway, I really need some inspiration and I think you guys are the ones to do it.

Please prove me right!!

ps, don't be put off by my username, its just my nemesis. They have all the luck.

Hi mate,

Just going through some old threads regarding ITIL in the search bar,
    just noticed your in/were in, exactly the same boat as me, just wondered
    if you managed to do anything about it yet?? Looking to do some ITIL /
    PRINCE myself, 5 years helpdesk/desktop/networks/blah blah blah, bored to death, let me know your situation,
    may even be able to inspire each other. Note to you though, Im not gay,
    just gifted.

Joking of course,
    Last edited by lORD lUCAN; 16 February 2006, 14:23.

Comment

Just interested really but,

I don't know too much about helpdesk work but I can't see how related it is to a PM-type role. How easy do you think it is going to be convince clients/recruiters that you can do PM-roles that you apply for simply because you've read up on it?

(Or was everybody being really sacastic to our young gay friend?)

Comment

Working...
      X