• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How is testing & test management contracting mkt..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I seem to have seen a big drop off in the number of ads on jobserve. My testing experience is in quite a niche area which doesnt help. Thinking of either branching out from testing to other areas, or going permie for a bit. We'll see. Good luck
    UAT is the way forward I think. Lots of system/integration and non-functional testing is being offshored. Good soft skills and being able to hand-hold clients through UAT is going to be more and more important I think.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      UAT is the way forward I think. Lots of system/integration and non-functional testing is being offshored. Good soft skills and being able to hand-hold clients through UAT is going to be more and more important I think.
      Yeah i agree, i come from more a UAT background anyway as i was previously an end user. My specific testing experience is a bit limited though so may need to go permie for a while to build that up.

Comment

Can't comment on the market in general because I'm not looking.

Personally I've been with a large UK bank since last Sept but its a regulatory project i.e. they HAVE to complete it. Just been shown a project plan running until mid December...

From the comments here it doesn't sound too good out there ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
          Can't comment on the market in general because I'm not looking.

Personally I've been with a large UK bank since last Sept but its a regulatory project i.e. they HAVE to complete it. Just been shown a project plan running until mid December...

From the comments here it doesn't sound too good out there ATM.
          I'm just crossing my fingers for another 6 months come June...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Go to Jobserve and search on test, contract, last 2 days. There's a boat load of jobs.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
            X