• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in The Hague (Netherlands)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    So, staying 4 nights a week in a B&B is OK?
    Yes, that's what I do. No probs and also know other consultants doing the same. One of my former collegues was investigated by the gestapo, but could easily prove his status. As long as your main base and tax residency is legitimately elsewhere and you pay tax there - No need to declare if you've got nothing to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Yes, that's what I do. No probs and also know other consultants doing the same. One of my former collegues was investigated by the gestapo, but could easily prove his status. As long as your main base and tax residency is legitimately elsewhere and you pay tax there - No need to declare if you've got nothing to hide.
      Thank you, that helps a lot.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

sorry to bring this back up,

lets say you have a contract in the NL for 3 months.

If you only return to the UK twice a month but stay in hotels/b&bs would that fall foul of the local tax laws?

Alternatively, same scenario above, but rented a flat for 3 months?

The thought of living in a hotel is horrible, id need to rent a flat, but this I take it from what has been said, means im shagged from a tax perspective?

TM

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
          sorry to bring this back up,

lets say you have a contract in the NL for 3 months.

If you only return to the UK twice a month but stay in hotels/b&bs would that fall foul of the local tax laws?

Alternatively, same scenario above, but rented a flat for 3 months?

The thought of living in a hotel is horrible, id need to rent a flat, but this I take it from what has been said, means im shagged from a tax perspective?

TM
          From the above posts my take now would be to find out what the agency (and client) are happy with. If they are happy with your UK limited make sure you are in the NL less than 183 days in a tax year and do whatever you like.

Comment

thanks Jubber,

wow the more I look into this the more complicated it gets!

I think I will put up a new post!

TM

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
              thanks Jubber,

wow the more I look into this the more complicated it gets!

I think I will put up a new post!

TM
              Is that to do with ring-fenced profits?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Is that to do with ring-fenced profits?
                Isn't everything?

Comment

Working...
                X