• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract...hmm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the rest of the contract and kind of ignored the schedule. It has a section on "expenses". Hotels covered at cost, meals at cost upto £20/day, driving at £1 per mile.

Time to rack up some trips to the outlying warehouses I feel.

I feel this descerves more bananas. I'll make up the extra tax I'll pay just by taking the scenic route.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I'll make up the extra tax I'll pay just by taking the scenic route.
      taking the shortest possible route and telling them it was twice as far "to avoid traffic"
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sweet. They agreed to use the PCG contract with some small changes and the PCG non disclosure agreement.

Sweet. Roll on the direct work.

Comment

... although it is hereby acknowledged that the Contractor and or Consultant is an independent company and as such shall not for the purposes of employment law taxation or otherwise, be regarded as an employee of <Client> or the Client.
          That looks like your contract telling HMRC how to view you. Does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            That looks like your contract telling HMRC how to view you. Does that work?
            I'd doubt it.

Comment

I'd doubt it.
              Would be fantastic if it did, though!

Clause 2.3 reads "Although you are a disguised employee of the company, as a scam so we don't have to pay NI, it is hereby acknowledged that you are, in fact, outside IR35, so don't worry about that."

I'll try putting that in all my contracts from now on
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Got a new contract through for some ad-hoc work. Not going to get it checked professionally as its only 4 days work from home so I am not that fussed.

Just wondering does 2.3 mean anything or will the revenue laugh at it and 2.4 I'm guessing this isn't a non-substitution clause. In my world doesn't say I can't use who I want to do the work just that I can't pass it on to a third party company...then again I'm probably wrong.

Not that worried about the IR35 on this. Its a low value contract - done along side other work for major client co mostly remotely.
                IR35 does not apply to contracts of less than 1 month IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  IR35 does not apply to contracts of less than 1 month IIRC
                  Wrong... sorry.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                  X