• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Steria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steria

Hi guys,

Anyone worked for Steria recently. I've been approached for the role by Xansa, the contract is to work on a Client site in Financial Services.

I've done a search on the forum and there are not many good reports of Xansa, but these date back to last year - anyone with more recent experience?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by apb View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone worked for Steria recently. I've been approached for the role by Xansa, the contract is to work on a Client site in Financial Services.

I've done a search on the forum and there are not many good reports of Xansa, but these date back to last year - anyone with more recent experience?

Thanks in advance.
    What, you mean better? Tell me the last time an agency turned from slime to human.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      What, you mean better? Tell me the last time an agency turned from slime to human.
      Granted!

How about any experiences working for Steria?

Thanks.

Comment

Does any one have any updates on Steria and whether they pay invoices on time etc...

Comment

No, but I have a small joke for you.

Two Xansa consultants walked into a building.

You would have thought one of them would have seen it.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by jo99 View Post
            Does any one have any updates on Steria and whether they pay invoices on time etc...
            I currently work for Steria.

My experience has been very good so far.

Contract stated that invoices are paid in 30 days and they pay on the dot.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Comment

Originally posted by apb View Post
              Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
              very large German consultancy they should be rock solid

er french
              Last edited by DodgyAgent; 23 June 2008, 20:57.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working for Steria

Under no circumstances should you consider working for Steria (Xansa).

They are very unethical and don't pay invoices on time. They put you into impossible positions with their clients and then don't back you up when things get rough for them. And they are utterly hopeless at project management, so you are under constant pressure to deliver the impossible.

Do yourself a favour, give them a big swerve.

Comment

Nearest I've come to working for Steria was when they put my CV forward without telling me (they phoned me once, got no reply, so left a message saying they were going ahead). Later the same day another agency came to me with a role. I said go ahead, I hadn't been put forward for it. I was knocked back, and the agency made to look wrong, because in fact I had been put forward already, by Steria.

Worse, my preferred agency put me forward at a little above my declared minimum; Steria had put me in at only 2/3 of my "lowest price"! So not a chance of that one.

When I got back to Steria, firstly they were adamant that they had not put in my details without asking, because they had asked (in a phone message) but I hadn't replied. And secondly they said yes, there was a problem with my rate....

Nearest I've come to working for Steria; and nearest I will ever come. (Actually they kept calling me even when I asked, then instructed, then ordered them not to: I had to threaten official action to get them to stop).

Comment

I worked for Steria on the NOMIS project a couple of years ago.
                    I had no problems.

HTH
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X