• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Steria

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Steria"

Collapse

• dehydratedskulls
    replied
    I've done work for steria.
    You get the usual politics of a large co.
    But I got paid on time, every time.
    So, no complaints.

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    Originally posted by apb View Post
    Hi guys,

Anyone worked for Steria recently. I've been approached for the role by Xansa, the contract is to work on a Client site in Financial Services.

I've done a search on the forum and there are not many good reports of Xansa, but these date back to last year - anyone with more recent experience?

Thanks in advance.
    Xansa became Steria early last year. They are one and the same.

I worked with a few Xansa bods last year and none of them had any major complaints. I did have a couple of roles pimped my way by them that came to nothing but then I don't really think the agent put the legwork in.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Originally posted by mavster07 View Post
    Under no circumstances should you consider working for Steria (Xansa).

They are very unethical and don't pay invoices on time. They put you into impossible positions with their clients and then don't back you up when things get rough for them. And they are utterly hopeless at project management, so you are under constant pressure to deliver the impossible.

Do yourself a favour, give them a big swerve.
    Just sounds like most of the other Big 'Cons' I've worked for - and that's most of them. Unfortunately consultancies are my main clients, so I learnt to manage them. I never work long hours (unless they pay OT) or let them pressure me unduly, as I let them know that if they try to feck me around like a permie, I'll walk.

Should be no problem if your experienced, know your stuff and know how to BS like them. If you're a newby, weak or naive, they'll **** you over, so best to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I worked for Steria on the NOMIS project a couple of years ago.
    I had no problems.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Nearest I've come to working for Steria was when they put my CV forward without telling me (they phoned me once, got no reply, so left a message saying they were going ahead). Later the same day another agency came to me with a role. I said go ahead, I hadn't been put forward for it. I was knocked back, and the agency made to look wrong, because in fact I had been put forward already, by Steria.

Worse, my preferred agency put me forward at a little above my declared minimum; Steria had put me in at only 2/3 of my "lowest price"! So not a chance of that one.

When I got back to Steria, firstly they were adamant that they had not put in my details without asking, because they had asked (in a phone message) but I hadn't replied. And secondly they said yes, there was a problem with my rate....

Nearest I've come to working for Steria; and nearest I will ever come. (Actually they kept calling me even when I asked, then instructed, then ordered them not to: I had to threaten official action to get them to stop).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Working for Steria

Under no circumstances should you consider working for Steria (Xansa).

They are very unethical and don't pay invoices on time. They put you into impossible positions with their clients and then don't back you up when things get rough for them. And they are utterly hopeless at project management, so you are under constant pressure to deliver the impossible.

Do yourself a favour, give them a big swerve.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Hi guys,

Anyone worked for Steria recently. I've been approached for the role by Xansa, the contract is to work on a Client site in Financial Services.

I've done a search on the forum and there are not many good reports of Xansa, but these date back to last year - anyone with more recent experience?

Thanks in advance.
    very large German consultancy they should be rock solid

er french
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 23 June 2008, 20:57.

Leave a comment:

• apb
    replied
    Originally posted by jo99 View Post
    Does any one have any updates on Steria and whether they pay invoices on time etc...
    I currently work for Steria.

My experience has been very good so far.

Contract stated that invoices are paid in 30 days and they pay on the dot.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    No, but I have a small joke for you.

Two Xansa consultants walked into a building.

You would have thought one of them would have seen it.

Leave a comment:

• jo99
    replied
    Does any one have any updates on Steria and whether they pay invoices on time etc...

Leave a comment:

• apb
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    What, you mean better? Tell me the last time an agency turned from slime to human.
    Granted!

How about any experiences working for Steria?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
    What, you mean better? Tell me the last time an agency turned from slime to human.

Leave a comment:

• apb
    started a topic Steria

Steria

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Working...
X